Fire's Kiss of Life (Valyria and Hunter)

HUNTER

Riding to the Wall had taken three days, and Valyria got more anxious the closer we got. We had let the Umber men take their time, as long as they met us at the Wall. This did not seem to bother anyone else, so I kept quiet.

Brandon knew that Valyria let me take her on her bed, and I assumed she told him. They seem to know everything about each other, and it sort of makes me jealous. Allister was my best friend, but he was so willing to let me die that I do not know who he is anymore. Did I ever know him?

I was thankful that Brandon included me in all conversations, seeing how Valyria just assumed I would join. She is kind, but she has changed a lot lately. Her displays of violence slightly scare me. I just hope it is while she is getting revenge, and that she will then calm down.

We rode up to the gate, and Valyria flicked her hood back to look at the men and speak to them. They just opened the gate and let us ride through. When we reached the courtyard, we all got off our horses and three Wildlings came to put them in the stables.

There were Wildlings everywhere, and it clearly angered the men from our side of the Wall. However, it was a smart move. Seeing how the Watch has had very few men for too long, the Wildlings will just be of more help.

This would also help bring the peace between Wildlings and the rest of us. Valyria did not seem to care and when Tormund Giantsbane came over, she smiled at him and was polite. You could see that she was over the madness that had taken over her when she killed Roose Bolton and Ramsay Snow.

"Lady Stark, your brother is healing in his chambers," Tormund told her, nodding at Brandon and I. "He was brought back to life by Melisandre yesterday. They have both been regaining there strength after that."

"Gods," Valyria muttered, clearly worried. "Thank you, Tormund."

Valyria was the first to begin walking to her brother's chambers, and Brandon followed close behind. I caught up with her and took her hand. She smiled at me and my stomach felt like it was fluttering. I do not think a woman more beautiful than Valyria Stark could be real.

We knocked on the door to Jon's chambers before walking in. Steel and Ice immediately went over to Ghost, and the direwolves seemed to be happily greeting each other. Jon was on his bed, talking to a woman who looked like a wildling. Neither of them noticed us.

I let go of Valyria's hand, and she cleared her throat. That was probably the only thing she could do, as it would be worse if she just interrupted their conversation. Both of them turned to look at us, and the woman sitting next to Jon stood up.

Whoever she was, she was truly beautiful. She had blonde hair, the colour of honey, in a braid over her shoulder. Her eyes were a pale blue-grey colour, she had high-cheekbones and kissable lips. She was tall and slender, with a full bosom.

She was just as beautiful as Valyria, but there were clear differences. Valyria was ethereal with her hair the colour of dried blood and eyes as dark as Valyrian steel, but this woman was like a nature sprite, with a very natural look to her. They could both turn heads without even smiling.

Although I love Valyria, I could not pull my eyes away from this woman. She smiled at us and I felt like I was going to die. My heart began to beat a bit faster, and my stomach felt like it had butterflies in it. I glanced over at Valyria, who smiled back, and I could not tell if it was fake or not.

"You must be Valyria Stark," the woman stated, her voice sounding like a breath of fresh air.

"Of course I am," Valyria confirmed, her tone sounding cold and hostile, as if she already hated her only competition in looks. "This is Prince Hunter Baratheon, and Brandon Tallhart. And you are?"