Hear Me Roar! (Lannister P.O.V)

JAIME LANNISTER

For the third time today, Valyria Stark was on my mind. This morning, while I was with Tommen, Ser Meryn mentioned her. The second time was when Cersei called me to her chambers and I saw her sending a raven to the Wall for Valyria. Now Cersei was going on and on about how she thinks that Valyria is betraying us again.

As her brother and lover, I wanted to agree with her, but I just could not bring myself to do it. I know that Valyria would not betray us unless she had to. How I know is not important and I will never tell anyone what happened, as I would be betraying her trust.

Even Father was becoming worried. Now that Valyria was off and her friendship with Hunter Baratheon and Allister Ellwood was confirmed, she had a lot of power. Not many know this, but House Ellwood and their vassal houses make up almost half of the Lannister army. Also, if Hunter were to get the lords of the Stormlands to side with her, as well as the North, they could easily crush us.

Despite the fact that everyone denies it, the Northmen who have used a sword before and know what they are doing are actually some of the most dangerous fighters there are. In the Stormlands, they are too used to the rain and mud to be of a threat in normal weather and all of the Ellwood vassals are quite average. Something about the Northmen is different. Maybe it's the cold.

Lord Eddard, his son Robb, and Valyria were and are all fierce fighters. Eddard turned out to be almost as good as I am, Robb was fiercely loyal too his cause, and Valyria is just a true warrior. That girl could be a warrior queen if she really wanted.

"Jaime, surely you agree with me," Cersei insisted, surely. "I want to take it up with the Small Council, but I know that Father will not allow it unless someone backs me up. Mace Tyrell's son is to be married to the girl, Oberyn hates us and respects her, Father thinks Pycelle is a fool, Varys is fond of the girl and her sneakiness, so that leaves you and I."

"Cersei, Valyria has lost so much," I pointed out. "Why would she destroy the possibility of staring a new family, getting her titles back, and being respected again."

Cersei glared at me, told me to leave, and then probably started plotting. By tomorrow morning, all of us would be summoned to the Small Council chambers for a meeting...

***

Just as I had expected, I was called to the Small Council chambers. As I walked in, I noticed that only Grand Maester Pycelle was missing. The old man probably fell down the stairs and died or something. He was so weak that it's a miracle he's still alive and well.

I took a seat on Father's left, as Cersei had taken the seat on the right. Next to me was Varys. For some reason, he worries me. Maybe because he knows things that we do not and he can find out where we are and what we are up to.

Next to Cersei was Oberyn, who was still in a terrible mood. Mace Tyrell was next to him, so that meant Grand Maester Pycelle will have to sit on the other side of Varys. As if summoned by my thoughts, he walked in and took his seat.

Now the meeting was going to begin and I would have to listen to Cersei's ridiculous theories again. I love her, but this is all too much. Valyria is not even here to defend herself. Hopefully Oberyn and I can convince everyone otherwise. I think Oberyn's name because his hatred for my family drives him to deny such things.

Cersei glared at me, but then smiled at everyone else. Only the old Grand Maester Pycelle and Mace Tyrell smiled back. Oberyn openly scowled and no one else showed any emotion, seeing how they did not really care.

"Why are we here?" Tywin asked, boredly.

"Valyria Stark is betraying us," Cersei stated, surely. "She has not contacted us and the last we heard of her, she was trying to free a Bolton prisoner from the Dreadfort."