Wolf Blood

When I awoke in Aegon's arms, it was as if I had never died. I forgot about my conversation with Robb, and about the fact that my own sister tried to kill me. All I thought about was how I was happy to to be in his arms.

Every memory came flooding back to me, and I was struck with a heavy pain. I had almost died for good because of Arya, and I had to let Robb stay dead. He should have come with me, but I had to turn my back on him and leave alone.

Now I am sitting at the small table with Aegon, who seemed happy, but there was an air of sadness to him as well. He was keeping something from me, and when Brandon arrived with Brynden, Sansa, Jon, Lord Connington and the Greatjon, I would get one of them to tell me. It has to have something to do with when I was dead, but that is all I know for sure.

The porridge was cold and lumpy, but I did not want to complain. All of the people in this camp have to eat the same thing, and it was my idea. Soon the winter will strike us harder, and although we are close to where it will be warmer, we still need to be prepared.

Sansa entered with a sad look on her face, and Jon followed her. Brandon entered with Brynden, who he got along well with, and the Greatjon arrived with Lord Connington. Having three Jon's in the same place is beyond confusing, and I am beginning to get annoyed, but I know that I cannot send Jon back to the Wall.

"Good morning," I said, greeting everyone. "I would like to enjoy breaking my fast, but I want to know what you are all hiding from me."

Everyone looked to Aegon, who looked at his porridge and moved it around in his bowl. He did not look up at me, and I gently nudged his leg. When he did look up, he bit his lip and had a sad look on his face. Now I really wanted to know what they were hiding from me.

"My love, you were with child," Aegon told me, sadly. "You may be able to heal, but the child was not. It is dead."

"That cannot be right!" I insisted. "I was not with child! No one told me that I was and I did not feel like I was!"

"Valyria, the baby was still very small," Brynden muttered. "I saw it when your stomach was ripped open and I know what I saw."

I put my head in my hands, after dropping my spoon. Aegon placed his hand on my shoulder and then pulled me close. Before I could cry at all, I forced my tears back and rested my head on Aegon's chest. I did not want to speak right now.

There was a child within me, and I was going to have a child with a man who makes me happy, but now it is dead. Arya will tell me why she attacked me, and Wolf Blood is no reason. If she does not tell me, I will make her.

Slowly, I pulled away from Aegon and looked at everyone. I had a few more mouthfuls of my porridge before telling Brynden to bring Arya in. Steel and Ice sat by my sides as I moved away from the table, and over to where I would speak to Arya.

Sansa left with Jon, and Brandon went with the Greatjon, and Lord Connington. It was then that Aegon made the decision to stay, just to back me up. I needed his help, and I know it, but that doesn't mean I want it.

We sat there in silence, waiting for Arya. Steel and Ice took a seat, and I began to fiddle with a dagger. I heard the tent's door move, so I looked up to see Arya with Brynden. She could not look at me, and it made me feel a bit better.

Arya took a seat across from Aegon and I, then Brynden left. He knew I could handle myself, and that if Aegon were to snap, that I could stop him. No matter how talented Aegon is with a sword, he cannot beat me.

"I assume you want to know why I stabbed you," Arya said. "I did not want to, Valyria, but I had to. You must understand that."

"Why did you have to?" Aegon asked.