On or Off?

Nezu and Aizawa look at each other after hearing Akali's plan.

Aizawa shakes his head, "By now they already know you would never turn traitor. You're not the one to do it. The plan could work, it just can't be you."

She suggests Katsuki Bakugou.

"You saw the way he acted at the sports festival. He just needs to be at the right place, committing the right crime, they'll blackmail him into joining them and they will invite a mole into the league that They think they are controlling, meanwhile he's a spy. I could help him, but make it seem like I am unaware of what I'm doing."

Aizawa huffs, he's not comfortable with such a responsibility in the hands of children, but that might be the reason why it works.

Principal Nezu chuckles, "It's an excellent idea. Especially with the hero work study program at hand, you'll have more freedom. I will go over the plan with the others and we will see how we proceed."

Akali leaves and Aizawa stares at Nezu. He's hoping he will decline the offer, but Nezu is all for it.

"We will make the necessary arrangements and keep this as on the wraps as possible."

Akali sits behind Bakugou in class, he turns around and he's finally accepted that she has dedicated herself to ignoring him for the rest of their lives.

It's no secret to anyone. At first no one took it seriously, but now it's pretty evident Akali has no intention of ever speaking to him.

He turns around and faces the front. He's been single ever since. He ended up never taking his relationship with Ochaco anywhere considering Akali wanted nothing to do with Kirishima for his association with Katsuki.

Midoriya pecks Akali's cheek sitting on her lap and they make plans for a stake out this weekend.

Akali smiles so bright Bakugou with his back turned could feel it, "Really Izoo? You'd do that for me?"

He pecks her forehead and nods his head. When Iida tells everyone to get back in their seats their planning is cut short so Midoriya returns to his seat.

Bakugou turns around unable to get over the fact that she has changed so much in such a short amount of time.

Aizawa walks in and the students ask about the hero work studies. Aizawa briefs them before letting the schools big three do it their way.

Akali returns to class happy. After school she goes to the library with Hagakure and Mina for homework.

When they are done they sit down and discuss work studies arrangements.

Akali is the only one not participating, after class Bakugou was called to the principals office, she is waiting to hear from him after.

When Bakugou leaves he heads straight for the library.

"Hey, we need to talk." He says already walking out.

Akali follows behind him saying  goodbye to her two friends. Bakugou is quiet until they are in a quiet spot to discuss what he and the principal discussed.

They have an infiltration mission and he was nominated for the role. It is yet to be officially approved, but the principal can see the odds of his participation being high regardless.

He pressed until they gave the name of the person who nominated him. He was surprised to find out it was Akali and that he is the only Nominee on the list for the board.

They saw no one else fit for the job but him and she's the one that convinced them.

"I just wanted to say thank you, for the thing you and the school principal are cooking up."

Akali smiles nodding her head, she stares at him waiting for him to say anything else. This does not change anything for her.

Bakugou leans in kissing her, they may not be on speaking terms but his feelings haven't changed for her. His feelings for everything and everyone else may have changed but where she's concerned it hasn't changed.

"Say something, please. Just talk to me again."

Akali sighs and decides to give Dabi's advice a try, "Fine, this doesn't make us friends."

Bakugou shrugs his shoulders, "Sure, I could never accept just being friends any way." He kisses her again and walks away.

Akali goes home and finds an angry Midoriya at her door step. She gulps wondering what she did to make him this angry.

"Are you and Kachan on again?"

She shakes her head, "No, I promise were not."

Midoriya groans, "It always starts like this. You say no, then you start talking, start kissing, next thing you're in his bed and next thing you're off again."

Akali frowns, the talking and kissing have been checked off the list. How could she be so ignorant, ignoring the pattern. Their toxic relationship is a Cycle.

Nothing ever changed but things get worse each time. It escalates higher and higher until they have reached a new threshold of hurting each other and just break up.

"You're right, I'll admit it, he still has more power over me then I'd like to admit. I've forgiven him but that forgiveness never changed my feelings.

"I am in love with Katsuki Bakugou. I am madly in love with him and those feelings keep coming back stronger. He is changing but I don't know what to do about my unchanging feelings."

Midoriya scowls, "give him some time, let him prove himself. From our second year to our third year. After that I won't get in your way, but until then I'll make it my personal mission to keep you two apart."

Akali nods, "Okay, I'll do it your way."