Counter Attack

Bakugou enters Akali's room since she has been missing from the dinner table for a week now, Midoriya mentioned her being a little sick, he's getting worried, and on the other hand, Dabi wants to see her too. 

The guy is starting to get impatient, Bakugou is not sure what happened to Dabi, but he's been in a good mood as of late.

Bakugou really hates being selfish and asking Akali to go see Dabi just so the guy can take it easier on him. 

He sits beside her, she's cold, he brushes her hair out of her face, she looks like she's in so much pain, "Any word from the doctor?" He asks worried. 

Akali nods, "Yes, my healing quirk is healing my quirk cells, I might get my old quirk back, I just need to avoid direct sunlight until then,  I will only be going out after dark." She sits up and smiles weakly. 

"You look like you are in pain." Bakugou comments. 

"It's on and off, I have to watch what I eat too, found that out the hard way. Stop looking at me like that, anyway, I need your help sneaking out today, I have a play date with Eri." She slowly gets out of bed. 

Bakugou nods, "Sure, get ready, the sooner the better." He takes a shower after texting Dabi where Akali will be. 

They leave and arrive at the house. 

~

Akali smiles sitting down, unfortunately she can't play outside with Eri, she brought books to read together instead. 

Bakugou sits down on the couch with Dabi talking to Kai Chisaki. He falls asleep and wakes up when Akali wakes him up to go back to school. 

They arrive and sit outside together. 

"Been a while since we turned down the hostility between us." Bakugou comments, he really wants to rush things, but he'd rather take his time. He still stands a chance, he just needs to get Akali to finally stop resenting him. 

communication has always fixed things between the two of them, real communication, not the crap they have been calling communication, when it was just hostility and pent up frustrations expressed through aggression, and some things not being addressed in the first place.  

"Yeah, well, it's easier to hate you, that way I know I won't fall for you ever again, I don't trust myself with you, I love you still, I always will." Akali stands up to go to her room. 

Bakugou pulls her back and looks her in the eyes, he restrains himself from kissing her, "I want out of the league, I need your help. Dabi is starting to make me do things that are a lot more serious, lately we've been going out in pairs recruiting, someone always ends up dead where ever he goes." 

Akali's eyes widen, she has never seen, or heard of this before, "Why? Did he have a reason too?" She asks gulping. 

"No, that's what bothers me." Bakugou looks her in the eyes, being genuine. He wanted to have proof but could not get it, he knows Akali would never forgive Dabi for taking a life, especially an innocent one, he wants to set a trap, for him to do it in front of her, that's a deal breaker. 

This is his chance for a counter attack

Akali is still naive, she does not mind him being a villain because she does not see him as one, the moment the truth sinks in, that will be it for Dabi, even she will not stoop so low as to let that slide. 

Bakugou takes a step back and Akali goes to her room, she wants to see it herself before she believes it.  

She cannot even get excited enough about the second year sports festival at the moment. 

"Way to ruin my damn night you stupid Katsuki." Akali mutters under her breath angrily. 

~

Dabi sits next to Kazan who is having a hard time with her homework, he helps her out and smiles when she breezes through the rest of the work like it's nothing. 

Kazan bites her lower lip, "Hey, have you seen Kali lately? I think she's avoiding me, I don't get why she is so mad at me for joining the league, mean while she's your girlfriend." She frowns feeling like everyone treats Akali like she's special and she is not getting that same respect. 

Dabi shakes his head, "That's all in your head Zen, the only members that know Akali are you, me, Shiagaraki, Kurogiri, and Toga. I think you need to get over competing with her for everything, she's not important to the league, just me." 

She nods her head slowly, "How did that happen?" Kazan sits up ignoring her homework. 

"Who do you think she cried too when you and Bakugou treated her the way you did?" He answers with a question of his own, "I didn't mean to fall for her, I just wanted to use her for a plan I had to mess with my dad, but that plan went out the window, I got close to her to use her, and I got carried away." Dabi looks at his hands. 

"Well, I guess so, but you should know, that word around town is that she's really important to you guys. That's bound to attract all the crazies, you should stop sending Bakugou on useless errands and have him watch her 24/7 I mean, she is really the talk of the underground." 

Dabi stands up, Kazan is specifically in charge of spying around in the black market, if that's what she says, then it's true, he's also thinking Kazan would never want Bakugou and Akali to be closer together so this is serious, "Thanks, I will take the necessary precautions, but I assure you, she's only important to me."