Death

Bakugou takes a deep breath, "You know something. This entire time. I have been the bad guy in this story, but all I have been doing is sacrificing to keep you from making the dumbest decision you could ever make, and that's to join those villains and you're lucky to even have someone to stop you from falling off the deep end, some people don't have that.

"I have done everything for you. To you. With you, and I am all out of options. What you have shown me, is that you've made up your mind, you want to be a villain, and I have been trying to stop you from doing that, but look at how much I sacrificed for you. How much shit I put myself through to make sure you don't do this. Make this reckless decision that will ruin your life.

"I love you, but I will never love a villain Akali Neon. I will never love you, no matter what. I won't save you. I won't hold back anymore afraid of chasing you into Dabi's arms. This entire time I turned my anger towards him, because he's a villain, but in truth, you're the one to blame.

"Dabi chased out of the league. Shigaraki took your memories away so you don't ever get involved with them. They tried to save you from them, and I couldn't accept that, because they are villains, they should not be capable of that, but you're a hero course student. You should not be chasing after Dabi like this. I was sitting in my room and told myself, if this phone ever rang. I would throw in the towel. I am out matched and you're truly stubborn and selfish. You only care about what you want, and you will listen to know one at all, so, fine. Do what you want. Okay? Go to him. Be a villain. I'm done with you." He leaves the phone on the floor and goes to his room.

He looks in the mirror and bites his lip. He tried everything he possibly could. Absolutely everything to try and get Akali to stop chasing after the league, and she has clearly made her choice. He is done being the bad guy in this story. He's been trying to save her and there's no saving her at all, nothing can save her. He needs to accept that.

He sits on his bed and cried. Why does it hurt so much? This is the truth he has been avoiding the whole time and it hurts like hell. To admit that he can't save her. If it was Deku, he would have found a way to straighten her out a long time ago, why is this so hard for him? What's wrong with him that he just can't do this simple thing? Save someone from themselves?

Is it because of their past? Is that the barrier between them?

No!

Akali is the problem.

She made him give up the sports festival number 1 title. She made him join the league. She made him lie to the heroes, all this while he's been trying to stop her from turning into a villain, but from day one she has been a villain.

Why did she continue to see Shigaraki?

Why allow herself to fall for Dabi?

Everything that has happened up until now. It was her choice. No one forces her into it. There was always an option out of it, and if she's so sneaky no one suspects a thing. Sees a thing. Hears a thing.

She's manipulating everyone. Everything. Without evening knowing it. That's not anyone's quirk. That's just how fucked up and psychotic Akali really is.

Katsuki wipes his tears away. Wondering why even cry for her? Why bother with her? Waste so much time and energy on her?

She will throw her life away no matter what. That's fine by him. Just fine by him.

~~~

Akali in class looks at Bakugou and he's not talking to her. In fact. He's not talking to anyone, but he's in deep thought. Constantly.

Everyone says he channeled his inner Midoriya. Zoning out. Taking notes.

Izuki observes. He can tell Katsuki is plotting something big, and at least when he's like this. He won't be bothering Akali, but she's avoiding him, and that's definitely a bad sign.

At lunch Akali sits by herself outside wondering why she feels so hollow inside. She can't put her finger on it, but something in her is not right. She sighs and closes her eyes for a quick 5 minutes nap.

Izuki in class looks around and Mina is not here, so is Akali. Mr Aizawa is not here either, "He wouldn't be late. What happened?" He asks around for anyone who happens to know the answer.

Katsuki could care less.

Mina walks into the class with her eyes puffy. She looks up and starts crying.

Kirishima gives her a hug, "What is it?"

"She's dead." Mina cries.

"Who?" Kirishima asks.

Mina doesn't answer the question crying and sobbing inconsolably.

"Just answer the damn question!" Bakugou yells at her. The blanks she's leaving are making his brain answer the question, and he doesn't like the answer.

"Kali."

Everyone looks at Mina and she's not joking at all.

"Was she attacked? What happened?" Midoriya asks. He last saw her sitting alone under a tree. She asked for some space and sat all by herself, this can't be what he hears after he told her he has something important to discuss with her.

"Nothing like that at all. No one will say what caused it, but she's really gone."

Helia leaves the room while everyone is gathering around Mina. He takes out his phone calling Dabi, "You Bastard! Faking her death because I said I won't be your errand boy is a low blow. Bring her back."

"I'm sorry, the number you have dialed is not available at present. Please try again when you realise the league didn't do it." A female laughs on the other end of the line and hangs up.

Bakugou looks at his phone. He calls Kurogiri and no response. Toga.

Is that Bakugou?

Bakugou hears Dabi's voice, "Hey! What did you do to her you bastard? Who is the woman that answered your phone?"

I don't know, we were attacked. Why are you calling at this time? Were you attacked too?

Bakugou looks at the phone, "That woman said she's the one that killed Akali. She's dead."

Shigaraki takes the phone from Toga and thinks about what he's going to say first. There's no way Bakugou would just say that, the timing of the call is perfect.

I really cannot be sure if you are lying or telling the truth, but we are cornered and this phone call is wasting precious time. We'll talk about this. Okay?

Bakugou looks down. They really didn't do it. So her death is no joke at all. She is really gone.

He takes a deep breath. It hurts sure, but she got what she deserved. He was out of options, at least he held on to the bitter end. No one will ever say she was a villain. In the end, death is all that could save her. In a way, her death saved him too. He had to hand over Kazan. Akali was next, and he had been planning how to do it all day, right now he feels better.

This is better than her joining them. It also means he didn't fail at all. This is just fine by him.