5

Ryujin pov

After visiting my parents, I went home feeling exhausted. Chaeyoung sent me a text earlier that they met our new boss. She said that it's going to be interesting because she doesn't seem to be as nice as our old one.

I go to my fridge and grab a few bottles of soju. I sit down on the couch then turn on the TV. I just drink soju straight from the bottle since I'm by myself. Ever since I was younger, I've always been able to handle alcohol well. I've never experienced being drunk.

Lia sent me a text too. She said she came to see me earlier but I was already gone. Just my luck, of course.

As I drink, I remember what happened at my parents house. Why did my parents lie to that man? Who was that man?

I drink and watch TV until it was time to go to bed. My phone goes off and I see a reminder that I have an appointment tomorrow with my therapist. It started off as a court mandated therapy. When I was younger, I tried to drown another kid for stealing my food. The judge thought I have anger issues and sent me to therapy.

It was only supposed to last a year but my parents wanted me to continue so I've been seeing my therapist for almost 10 years now. Even though I've improved a lot, I still see him and take my medications. My parents says it's too calm me down so I never question it.

I decided to go to bed early tonight. I didn't even bother texting Lia. I'm still hurt with what happened with my parents earlier.

~~~~~

I wake up panting sweating, panting and shaking. "Shit. I forgot to take my meds this morning."

For some reason, when I don't take my medications, I get really bad nightmares but it's always the same nightmare though. I would see a big dog take children and drown them in a river. I hear the children cry for help.

I take my the bottle of meds sitting on my nightstand and pop a pill in my mouth. I look at the time and it's 3 am but I don't think I can go back to sleep.

I get up and start cleaning my place. Sometimes I feel like a bad person. Especially, thinking about the kid I tried to drown. Is that why i keep having nightmares about children drowning because of what I did? I thought to myself.

Ever since then, I've tried my hardest to be kind to other people. Finally it was time to get ready for work again. I wash my face and look at myself in the mirror.

I was shock to see my eyes. I blink and try to look closer but it seems normal now. I swear I thought I my eye color changed to amber but it's brown again.

"I must be really tired" I mumble to myself.

I finish getting ready and head off to work.

-------

Yeji pov

"Jisu are you coming with me to the cafe?" I ask my bestfriend.

"Yes Alpha" she answers.

"Stop that. It sounds weird coming from you" I say.

"You have to get used to it because I can't call you Yeji in front of the other wolves" she explains

"I guess you're right. Come on then, I can finally meet this Ryujin girl everyone is so fond of" I sigh.

We get in the car and the driver takes us to the café. When we arrive, I see that it is pretty busy. A lot of female customers. I get out of the car and all eyes were on me. I mean, I can't blame them. I am built pretty well.

I walk in the café and I could hear people talk about me and how good looking I am. I just smile.

I can smell the mocha bread and tangerine again though. My wolf, Lucy, is becoming restless with the scent.

'What's wrong Lucy?' I ask.

'I don't know. The smell is making me crazy' she says.

'Do you want eat some mocha bread?' I ask.

'Maybe' she replies.

"Ryujin!" I hear my bestfriend say.

I look up to see a black haired girl behind the counter. She waves at Jisu with the biggest smile on her face, she has a pretty unique dimples on her cheeks.

"Hey Lia. I didn't expect to see you today" she says to my bestfriend.

I don't like how she's looking at my bestfriend. Maybe I'm just being protective of my friend. I notice her look at me briefly with her creased eyebrows.

What's her problem? I thought.

"I'm Ryujin. I heard you're our new boss" she says to me extending her hand.

I didn't take it because she makes me and my wolf feel restless. I just nod at her while looking around.

"Can I get some mocha bread" I request in a cold manner.

"Sure thing boss" she says to me smiling.

"Call me Alpha" I blurt out.

Jisu nudges me and I realize what I just said. Ryujin is looking at me weirdly.

"Why would I call you Alpha?" She asks me.

"It was just a joke" I say faking a laugh.

She didn't say anything and just hands me the mocha bread. There's something about I can't pinpoint.

'Could she possibly be our mate?' Lucy asks.

'Wouldn't you know? You would be able to sense it and we would be able to smell it and I don't smell anything different. Also, a human for a mate? Thats crazy' I say.

'You're right. I would have sensed it if she was our mate when you look into her eyes' Lucy agrees.

A customer enters the shop and I sense something off. They're not human. I look at them and I was right. Witch.

"Mom, what are you doing here?" I hear Ryujin say.

"I can't visit my daughter?" The witch says. Ryujin is her daughter?

Maybe thats I felt restless with Ryujin. She's a witch! I have to warn Jisu!