54

Ryujin pov

We're in Yeji's office because Yuna had something urgent to tell us. Chaeryeong is in the office too. Yuna and Yeji are sitting across from each other while Chaeryeong and I are sitting next to each other. When we were in school, we were pretty closed.

Last time she was here, we didn't really get to catch up with each other since I thought Yuna was my sister. So while Yuna and Yeji discuss stuff,, Chaeryeong and I are on the couch, mingling.

We laugh, touch and lean on each other a lot. It's how we usually are when we're together. We fail to notice that our mates are glaring at us. This werewolf thing, they seem pretty territorial, especially Alphas. Why? Interesting creatures.

I start playing with Chaeryeong's hands and that's when we hear the growls from our mate. We both look at Yuna and Yeji. I give my mate a peace sign and she just rolls her eyes.

"So what's so urgent?" Yeji asks Yuna. Chaeryeong and I are paying attention now because we don't want Alphas to be mad.

"My dad is dead" Yuna announces. I look at Chaeryeong to see if it was true and she nods her head. I run to Yuna and hug her tightly. Her body freezes like she's not used to this.

I hear my mate growling.

'Stop it' I mindlink her.

'Why are you hugging her?' She asks.

'Her father is dead' I answer.

'That doesn't mean you hug her' she says.

'This is not a big deal. I'm comforting her' I argue.

I let Yuna go and she looks at confuse but you can tell the sadness in her eyes.

"Why did you hug me?" She asks.

I'm confuse by the question. I look at Chaeryeong and she walks towards us. "Werewolves don't really comfort anyone outside their pack" she explains while sitting down next to Yuna.

"And my dad was trying to kill you. I came here thinking you would be happy to hear the news. I didn't expect you do that" Yuna adds to her mate's explanation.

"That's crazy. You lost your dad. No matter what he did to me or wanted to do to me, I can tell he was still a good dad to you and you love him. I'm not gonna be happy over someone losing their parent. Werewolves may not comfort others but I grew up thinking like a human. Even if we didn't end up as sisters, you still became my friend. You still offered to help even though it would mean going against your dad. I'm sorry about your dad" I say sitting in front of her as she looks down.

"Do you know who killed him or why?" Yeji asks. I stand up to grab a chair and sit next to Yeji so I'm facing Yuna and Chaeryeong.

"I don't know why but it's either the protectors or a wizard. They sent me his head" Yuna says.

"Oh my gosh. That's like some movie type of shit" i cover my mouth as I said those words.

Yeji looks at me and shakes her head.

"I thought he was the leader" Yeji asks.

"I thought so too and maybe he did too" Yuna sighs.

"We need to find Kai" Yeji says making me widen my eyes.

"Umm no thank you" I say remembering the evil man who marked me.

"We need to know if he's alive too. If they killed Mr. Shin, there's a chance they killed Kai too" Yeji announces.