23

Yeji pov

I back away from Ryujin and push her out of the way so I can open the door. I can't believe she just flirted with Jisu right in front of me.

I don't even know why I'm so bothered with it. Why am I so interested in her? Am I just attracted her to her? What happens when I find my mate? I don't understand why werewolves are able to develop feelings towards others that's not your mate. It's dumb, makes things confusing and complicated.

I walk to my office and Ryujin is following me so we can talk to my dad. I'm not exactly sure what he needs.

I open the door for Ryujin and she walks past me. "Thank you Alpha" she winks at me.

I roll my eyes at her. I walk right behind and close the door right away.

"Mr. Hwang" Ryujin cheers as she walks towards my dad. I watch them do this weird handshake thing like they're bestfriends.

"Ryujin. I'm glad you're okay" my dad says while hugging her. I knew my dad liked Ryujin but I didn't know they were like this close.

I watch them interact, mainly Ryujin smiling at my dad. She looks happy and for some reason that's making me feel calm. I can feel Lucy happy too.

"Can you two stop acting weird and let's talk about Ryujin and how were gonna protect her" I say seriously.

"About that. That's why I wanted to speak to you both. I propose Ryujin living here" he says.

"What?!" Ryujin raises her voice.

"I agree with that" I say.

"What?!" She faces me.

"You can what all you want but I think that's the best option. We can keep an eye on you and we have guards that can protect you" I explain to her.

She ignores me to talk to my dad which makes me upset.

"Fine. I'll stay here on one condition" she says to him.

"Which is?" My dad curiously question.

"Help me get stronger. I want to learn how to fight. I want to learn how to defend myself" she says.

"I'll help you with all of that" I say to her.

She looks at me and smiles, "I like you Alpha Yeji. You're like a badass wolf with cat eyes. I could just bite you."

"Bite me and I'll rip you apart" I growl.

"Feisty" she continues to smile.

"Ryujin, don't annoy her too much. She actually might rip you apart" my dad says to her.

Jisu enters my office saying that she will take Ryujin to her room. I glare at her like she's crazy. I really don't like the idea of them two together.

"Yeji, before you kill your bestfriend. I called her here so she can give Ryujin a tour of the place and show her to her room" he says.

I look away and didn't answer. Jisu and Ryujin leaves and my wolf start to feel uncomfortable.

"Yeji, sit down" my dad says once the door closes.

I'm still looking at the door, feeling bothered. I still sit down because I didn't want to argue with my dad.

"Do you know why I couldn't sense her wolf?" My dad asks.

"Not sure. Im assuming the witches put a curse on her" I say.

"Her eyes are different too. When I saw her before she had brown eyes but now they're auburn. If you look closely, she's not wearing contacts" I inform him.

"For someone who just learned that they are a werewolf, she seems pretty calm. I've never seen auburn eyes in werewolves in their human form either. Keep an eye on her. She might be hiding something" he informs me.

"Do you think the witches finally told her she's a werewolf to plan an attack?" I asks.

"I doubt it. The couple that took her seems to really care about her. Let's try to get her to shift as soon as possible too" he says.

"Should I tell Mr. Shin about her?" I asks remembering him.

"That's up to you" he says and I nod.

"Dad, is it possible to have feelings for someone who's not your mate?" I asks.

He looks at me confuse, "Do you like Ryujin?"

"I really don't know but it bothers me when she flirts with Jisu" I say.

"Maybe you like Jisu" he teases me.

"You're lucky you're my dad or I would kick your ass" I say.

"Try it. Try to kick my ass" he says bending over in front of me.

"Dad, stan—"

The door opens I look to see Ryujin standing there with her mouth open. "I came back to say thank you for offering to protect me but I see that there's some father daughter bonding over here."

My dad laughs and straighten himself up, "My daughter said she would kick my butt if I wasn't her father so I was giving her permission anyways."

"That doesn't make the situation any less weird, Mr. Hwang" she laughs along with my dad.

The relationship between these two is something else and I can't believe I didn't know before that my dad is close to someone outside of the pack.

I cough to interrupt their moment, "Ryujin, would you like to meet your father?" I ask.

"Really? Yes! Can we meet today or tomorrow? I'm really curious about him" she says excitedly.

"Yes I'll set up the meeting. How do you like the house so far?" I ask.

"It's really nice. Thank you again for letting me stay here" She bows.

"It's not a problem, Ryujin" my dad says.

"Is it okay if I excuse myself? I'm a bit tired" she says and I nod.

My dad leaves too leaving me alone. I sit on my chair and close my eyes.

'Are you okay?' I ask my wolf.

'Yea. Knowing Ryujin's whereabouts seems to help' she answers.

'I think she's our mate' she says surprising me.

'What? If she is then we would have know. I would smell her scent' I say.

'But if the witches did something then you wouldn't. We can't even sense that she's a wolf.'

'What makes you think she's our mate' I ask Lucy.

'It's the only thing I can think of to explain how I get so restless when we don't know where she is' she reasons out.

'I don't know. I don't think so. There's something special about her but I think it's more specifically about her wolf than her being our mate. I would know if she is. I would sense it' I defend.

'Then why are you so drawn to her?'

'Curiosity. There's an unknown about her and I plan to find out what it is' I say.

'What if she does turn out to be a bad wolf? I'm sensing she's hiding something too' she says.

'Then we will have to kill her for fooling us' I seriously say.

"You better not be planning to betray us, Ryujin. I won't hesitate to rip your head off and burn your body into ashes" I whisper to myself.