39

Yeji pov

I wait for a while for Jisu to bring Ryujin to my office.

'What's taking so long?' I ask Jisu through mindlink.

'Umm we can't find her Alpha and we don't if she's in the territory or not. I sent guards out to look' Jisu tells me.

'What do you mean she's gone!?' I say angrily.

'Gone meaning no longer present, departed' Jisu answers innocently.

'I know what gone means! But why is she gone!?' I ask.

'If I knew why then I would have told you right away, Alpha' Jisu says respectably.

'Just because the tone of your voice shows respect, it doesn't mean you're being respectful right now, Jisu!' I growl.

'I'm sorry, Alpha. I'll update when I know more' she says.

"What's going?" Karina asks.

"My mate is gone. No one knows where she is" I start to walk around my office in a panic. Why would she leave? Where would she go?

'Bring Winter in my office' I order Jisu.

'Yes, Alpha' she says.

I know Winter is locked up but maybe Ryujin talked to her before she left. I'm trying to think if I did something wrong to upset her. I can't think of any reason why Ryujin would leave without saying anything.

After a few minutes, Jisu shows up with Winter. She looks as to why she's here. "Winter, have you heard from Ryujin?" I ask.

"Not since I got locked up. I thought she was going to see me today but I guess she changed her mine" she says.

I start to think of the possibility of her being taken instead of running away. I'm about to say something but I notice that Winter and Karina are staring at each other. I keep looking at them then I realize that they're mates.

"No way" I whisper.

"I'm Karina."

"Winter."

"It's nice that you two are mates but my mate is missing and I think that's more pressing at the moment" I ruin their moment.

"It's not every day you find your mate. How can you ruin our moment?" Karina scoffs.

Winter looks down feeling shy since I know they're mates. "Can't you like ask her through mindlink?" Winter asks.

I scratch my nape, "Well I haven't really official had her join to the pack or even marked her."

"What?!" They both say at the same time.

"Even if you haven't marked her, you should have linked yourself to her at least. What's wrong with you?" Karina asks.

"Kinda been distracted with other things. You know like making sure she's safe and alive" I defend myself.

"Yes because having no way to communicate with her is gonna keep her safe and alive" Winter butts in.

I glare at them even though I know they're right. "Now is not the time to point fingers at me. Kai was just here. If Ryujin ran away, there's a possibility that they might have seen each other and maybe Kai took my mate" I say.