43

Yeji pov

The next day I brought Chaeyoung with me to see Ryujin. Yuna went home yesterday to see her dad and pretend that she doesn't know anything. I'm not sure if I can fully trust her but she seems to want to help Ryujin.

We're waiting for Yuna outside Ryujin's room in the hospital. For some reason, I feel nervous too. I don't really know what happened in the past but im really curious how she's alive.

"I'm sorry I'm late. I had to wait for my dad to leave. I'm sure he's gonna find out soon that Ryujin is gone" Yuna finally arrives.

I look at Ryujin's mom and she seems really nervous. "Are you okay?" I ask.

"Yea. I'm just scared of how she's going to react. She might hate me, knowing I'm alive and I never went to see her or talk to her" she sighs.

"Why didn't you?" I ask.

"I'll explain everything once we're inside" she says and I nod. I open the door slowly and when I see Ryujin isn't on the bed, I walk in right away and start to look around.

"Ryujin!" I yell out.

"You're supposed to say Marco and I say Polo!" Ryujin crawls out from under the bed.

"What are you doing?!" I accidentally yell at her.

"Woah, you can yell at your pack members but remember I'm a badass rogue" she pats herself to clean off her hospital gown, still not noticing there are other people in the room.

"You're injured. What are you doing under the bed?" I calmly ask now.

"I got bored waiting for you so I went to hide but I think I forgot to leave a note at the door saying we're playing Marco polo" she chuckles.

"Um should we come back later?" Yuna speaks.

"Oh I'm sorry. My mate didn't tell me I have visitors" she walks towards Yuna and her mom.

I'm about to defend myself but she already introduces herself to her mom without knowing who it is.

"I'm Ryujin" she smiles. This is probably why she got taken so easily. She's too friendly to strangers.

"I know who you are" Chaeyoung smiles.

"How? Am I famous in the werewolf world? Is it my dashing good looks and irresistible charm?" Ryuin rambles nonsense.

Chaeyoung looks at me, clearly unsure on how to respond to Ryujin's craziness.

"Ryujin, get back on the bed first. We have something serious to discuss" I say.

"Yes boss" and she jumps on the bed and winces in pain. She must have forgotten she's injured.

"Ryujin—" I start.

"She's your mom" Yuna blurts out while pointing at Chaeyoung.

"What?" Ryujin's eyes widen and I glare at Yuna.

"I guess she's alive" I say slowly.

"But I thought you were killed by the protectors" Ryujin looks at her mom with teary eyes.

"It wasn't me. I had a wizard helping me. I owe them everything. She knew I was going to die so she pretended to be me so I could live and try to protect you" Chaeyoung explains.

"Wizards are just involved in everything" Ryujin says.

"They're split right now on whether they want you to live or die" Chaeyoung says.

"When Wonho reported to the wizards about you, chaos broke. Half wanted you dead because they're afraid of your powers and half didn't want to hurt an innocent being" Chaeyoung looks at Ryujin. I look to my mate and I don't know if she's thinking or what but her face looks like she has to shit.