33

Yeji pov

I can't believe Ryujin is my mate. I can't believe she's a translupine, whatever that is. So many things are running through my mind. I watch her run in front of me, she's still a bit clumsy but I didn't expect her to be so big. She really resembles the Kludde werewolf but the size of an Amarok. She's a gigantic black wolf.

My mate is the combination of two of the most aggressive wolves there is plus she has another ability that's just hers. Complete opposite of my ancestors. What if Kai has a point? I don't really know what she's capable of.

'Stop whatever it is you're thinking' Lucy interrupts me.

I stop right away. I know deep down Ryujin has a good heart. I can't let Kai get into my head. Ryujin is my mate, she's my priority. I can't betray her just because of the unknown.

'I feel so much better now that we found our mate'  Lucy tells me.

'Maybe, subconsciously you knew she's out mate. That's why you're so affected by her whenever something happens' I say.

'Do we trust Jaebeom that he won't hurt Ryujin?' She asks.

'I honestly don't know. We have to keep an eye on him. Ryujin worries me though. She says and does stuff without thinking. She's so unpredictable, it's gonna be hard to protect her' I say.

'You just need to train her properly. She knows how to use her stealth. She just needs to work on her fighting skills and by the way nice job on kissing her earlier' Lucy teases me.

'Shut up. She wouldn't stop talking. She kissed back so I didn't do anything wrong' I scoff at her.

'I didn't say you did. I just didn't expect you to work that fast. You just found out she's our mate and you're already getting some action. Me like' she says.

I stop talking to my wolf because it seems like she's starting to pick up some of Ryujin's mannerisms. I may seem annoyed with Ryujin but I actually think she's a breath of fresh air. I've always been sort of serious about everything and it's nice to see her just enjoy herself. Despite being hunted, she still manages to joke around.

I watch her again and it's cute how she's looking around while running. We're almost at our territory when I hear a yelp. I look to see who it was and my heart sinks when I see Ryujin tumble down a huge hill with an arrow stuck in her body.

My first instinct should have been to go down the hill where Ryujin fell but Lucy and I are too angry. I follow the line of sight of where the arrow came from and run towards it. I sniff around and they're humans, werewolf hunters probably.

I find them quickly and they see coming so they try to run away. I let them get away for a bit to make it more fun for me to hunt and kill them. I jump on top of who I assume is their leader. I put my one paw on his chest and stare into his eyes. I enjoy seeing the fear in him and feeling his body tremble. I'm  about ready to rip his head off but my dad stops me.

'Now is not the time. We need to find Ryujin! We can't sense her presence anymore!' My dad communicates through the link.

I quickly run back and down that hill looking for Ryujin. I sniff around the area and I can't smell her scent. How could she disappear that fast? Did she hide her scent again to get away? Does she not trust us? I remember she was hit by an arrow.

Since they're werewolf hunters, the tip of that arrow is probably silver but Jisu says silver doesn't affect her. I keep looking around, where are you Ryujin?

Lucy starts making whining noises, feeling devastated that we can't find our mate. Jisu and Jaebeom are both helping look for her while my dad is making sure the hunters doesn't come back.

We decide to run around the perimeter, she couldn't have gone that far. We went our separate ways to try to cover more area but in the end, none of us are able to find her.

Different scenarios are running through my mind and none are good. I'm afraid maybe the protectors got her or the wizards. Would the witches take her again? Maybe her parents didn't really agree on her being a wolf so they took her back and suppressed her wolf. Maybe there were more than one group of hunters and it was all planned.

We run back to the pack house as quickly as possible to try to come up with a plan to find Ryujin. After arriving and getting dressed, the four of us head to the office right away.

"You're linked to her, can't you find out where she is?" I ask Jaebeom right away.

"I think they're unconscious right now. Even if I'm linked to her, she still needs to tell me where she is. It's not like a GPS tracker" he says to me.

"Those damn hunters! I just fucking found out she's my mate and she's already gone!" I punch a wall.

"Yeji, being angry right now is not gonna help" Jisu tells me.

"I'm gonna go to the coven. Maybe she went back there or maybe they took her back" I say.

"If they took her back, do you think they will tell you that they have her?" My dad ask.

I ruffle my hair out of frustration, "Well I have to try something. I can't sit here and not know where my mate is!"

"I don't even know if she's alive or not. Or if she is alive, how badly is she hurt. Why did she have to hide her scent again" I say weakly.

"It might not be something she did on purpose. She's injured, it might be a defensive method to hide her scent so enemies won't be able to find her, something that happens subconsciously to protect herself especially. Kind of like when a skunk spray when they feel threatened" Jaebeom explains.

"You should have let me kill those humans dad!" I spit out.

"Yeji! We do not kill humans even if they try to kill us. That's not who we are!" He yells.

"Those humans could cost me my mate! If I never find my mate, I will leave this pack and spend the rest of my life hunting every single werewolf hunters" I angrily say before leaving the office to go to my room.