68

Yeji pov

"Yeji, wake up. You can't die. You still have a pack to lead. They need you" I hear Ryujin's voice.

I stand up to look for her but she's no where to be found. I run around the pack house and the territory calling for her.

"Ryujin! Where are you?!" I scream while falling on my knees with tears running down my face.

"You can't see me but know I'll always be with you. Please be strong. I don't want you to die just because I'm gone. Your family still needs you, Lia needs you, your pack grew bigger so please stay strong" I cherish my mate's voice.

"How can I live on without you? You're gone. Why should I live? Please come back. My heart won't stop hurting. I need you" I cry out.

I'm in the woods and it starts raining. My tears blends in with the rain and I hold on to my chest to try to stop it from hurting.

I really don't know how I can live on without Ryujin. I think back on our times together and I have so many regrets. I should have been nicer to her. I should have treated her as my mate from the beginning. I focused so much on trying to protect her, thinking we would have a long time together. It was too late when I realized that I should have been taking advantage of us because we don't know what's gonna happen. We didn't have a lot of time to just enjoy each other as mates.

Now, she's gone and I'm left with regrets.

"Yeji, I hope you get a second chance mate. I don't want you to be alone in this world. Please, if you do, accept them with everything you have. Don't compare me to them, don't reject them for my sake. I want you live happily even if it's not with me, okay?"

"Why are you doing this to me? If you're talking to me then just come back" I cry harder now.

"I'm sorry Ryujin. I should have done a better job at protecting you. I'm sorry I failed you. I'm sorry that I'm still here and you're not. I'm so sorry" I sob with my head on the ground now while I'm still on my knees.

"You did everything you could. Even at times where I didn't make it easy for you. There was nothing anyone could have done. So please, live your life the best you can. I'll keep an eye on you and maybe your future mate" She says.

"Is it that easy to see me with someone else?" I ask.

"No, but I love you so much that it doesn't matter if it's hard for me. I just want you to be happy and to have someone by your side to support you" She answers.

"How can I be happy without you? I'm trying to imagine a life without you next to me and all I can feel is emptiness. How can I live knowing I won't be able to hold you, kiss you or nuzzle you? How can I be happy without smelling your scent? How can I be happy?" My breathing is starting to get heavy now.