62

Yeji pov

I'm in my office right now, thinking about what happened yesterday. When Jo took over Ryujin's body, I saw the murderous look in her eyes. If Ryujin didn't mess with her causality then she either would have killed me or I would have killed her.

Lucy is still shaken up from yesterday. She couldn't believe that our mate would do that to us. She said Jo's whole presence yesterday was just pure evil.

I decide to distract myself and focus on work. I have to do some reports to send to the werewolf committee anyways. They provide us funding for our pack. It's like a werewolf business where the packs are like different branches.

"It's a shame that Ryujin's wolf failed to kill you" I hear someone say. I look around but there's no one in the room but me. I walk to the door to see if anyone is right outside my office but there's no one. I go back in and sit on my chair, trying to think.

"Don't worry, I'm not in your territory. I wouldn't invade you like that" the voice say.

"Who are you?" I say out loud.

"Your demise" they laugh.

My door swing open then enters Ryujin. I back away, thinking Ryujin is here to attack me.

I stand up, ready to fight.

"Calm down, Yeji. I'm not here to hurt you. I heard the voice" she explains.

"Did anyone else out there hear?" I ask.

She shakes her head, "I don't think so. I only heard it because I was listening to you. I'm sorry for trying to kill your yesterday."

I curse myself because I forgot that Ryujin can read my thoughts now that we've mated.

"It's nice of you to join, Ryujin. I don't know how you were able to block me from controlling your wolf again but don't worry. I don't need it anymore. Maybe I can still kill you even with Yeji around."

"You're all talk. You can't even show yourself, coward" I say.

"Yeji, you might make the weird voice angry" Ryujin whispers to me.

"You think I won't show myself because I'm afraid? Ha! We will meet soon enough."

"Show yourself!" I yell but this time there's no more response. Whoever that was already left but what was the point of talking to me?

'Alpha, Luna, there's more vampires arriving and are waiting for you out here' one of the guards say.

Ryujin and I quickly go down to see why there's more vampires coming. Karina and her clan were really the only vampires that was here.

Once we arrive where the vampires were waiting, I can't believe what I'm seeing. So many are wounded and some even looks like they're on the brink of death.

Someone approaches me, "Alpha Yeji, please help us. Were being killed one by one by monsters appearing out of no where. Vampires are near extinction. These are the only ones left" he points at the crowd.

"What can I do?" I question because I really don't know. I can't bring the ones they lost back to life.

"All I can offer is my place for your clan to stay" I say to him.

"Thank you. That's already a lot of help" he bows to me before going back to help the others.

"We need to stop them as soon as possible. They're taking innocent lives" Ryujin says while staring at everyone.