Chapter II: 1995 Pt. 2

Nicholas Fury was just coming back from space. Carol Danvers leading the way home with the Skrull in toll. His eye swollen and red from being scratched by the Flerkin, Goose. Everything that Kendra warned him of, even in riddle, came true. He met the woman that would change his life. Carol Danvers was not from this world. Well she was, but she was different.

"You are looking at that phone an awful lot." Carol commented as Fury was typing away on his phone, looking like he was dialing a number.

"I have a phone call to make when we land." He informed her as he put his phone down.

They landed shortly after. While the others head inside the house, Fury stayed outside. His phone in hand as he let out a sigh and pressed the call button. It only took one ring before it was answered.

"It took you longer than it was supposed too." Kendra spoke into the phone causally. As if she was expecting his call before he had even planned it. Fury shook his head while holding the phone to his ear.

"Well, I was in space. A lot has happened." He told her. "We need to meet. Discuss this list you have given me and figure out what is going to happen that you know about." Kendra let out a small giggle.

"I suppose it is time for me to tell you the full story."

"No riddles." Fury clarified.

"No riddles." Kendra agreed. Fury could hear the smile in her voice. She seemed to know so much and yet she smiled more than anyone Fury knew- well expect for kids. Kids smile just about the same amount as she seems to. "I'll be in your office after you take over Shield."

"Of course. I won't even ask how you know this." Fury said with a sigh. He hated not knowing things and this woman made him extremely frustrated.

"You will know it all soon enough." Fury went to hang up, pausing when he heard her speak again, "Also, how's the eye?" Kendra asked making Fury roll his eye.

-

Fury was in his office, looking at the suitcase of glass eyes, a sigh leaving his lips.

"So many colorful choices. What ever will you chose?" A voice spoke up cause Fury to snap his gaze up. His eye finding none other than Kendra. Her hair was shorter than when he saw her last. But what caught his eye was her green eyes were jumping around. As she was seeing something that was not actually there.

"You shouldn't sneak up on a man." Fury spoke as he closed the case. "Especially a man with a gun." He added as he watched her used her shiny walking stick and walked towards his desk.

"You won't shoot me. You know you need me." Kendra spoke with such confidence that it made Fury wonder where she got all of her confidence from. He had a gun on his desk. He has shot many people. And yet here she stood, knowing he wouldn't dare shoot at her. But she was right. He did need her. Kendra threw something on to the desk catching his eye. A black patch sat there. "Might complete the whole 'Fury' look." She said while making quotation marks with her free hand.

"What can you tell me? You obviously know the future. Are you not from this planet as well?" Fury questioned as he picked up the patch, examining it before he placed it in the place of his eye. It fit perfectly.

"One question at a time, Nicholas." She tsked as she made herself comfortable in the chair in front of his desk.

"Alright. Are you human?" Was his first chosen question. Kendra raised her eyebrow at him and let out a slight laugh.

"I am human. I am from this planet- maybe not this time- but this planet, yes." Her answer only rose more questions in Fury.

"No from this time? What do you mean by that?" He questioned after trying to catch any potential loophole in his question. Kendra was like a riddler. She seemed to always be speaking in riddle or making you question things more than before.

"Would you just like my story, Nicholas? It might make you a bit more comfortable if I just explained to you how I became who I am and how I knew to come to you and not- who was it..Mr. Keller?" Fury sighed in relief.

"Please. That would make this a lot easier to grasp." He agreed, sitting back somewhat as he waited for her to go into a story time. Making him feel like a child, excited to hear a story. He shook his head to remove that thought.

"Well it all started-"

To be Continued...