Chapter XL: Mother

Tony Stark ended up going to his other home, more prepared than he could have been. Having Kendra on speed dial in case of any changes that could end badly.

Steve and Bucky decided to go do some training back at Shield. Although, they both asked if they should go with Tony to help with the fight. But Kendra made it very clear that that would be a bad idea. Somethings in time still needed to happen. Also, Tony needed space from the duo. His parents death was a harsh subject to bring up either way.

Kendra though, decided to go back to her apartment. Not exactly expecting to have someone waiting for her.

"I was beginning to think you'd be out all day with that Patriotic man." Loki complained from the sofa. His legs kicked up on the coffee table as Kendra entered her apartment. "Honestly, I dunno what you see in that man."

"What are you doing here, Loki?" Kendra asked as she hung her coat up on the hook by the door. Loki sat up, moving his feet to the floor as he looked at his half sister.

"I was- I just wanted to ask if it's true." He started, green eyes looking over her. "Are you really my half sister?" Kendra nodded.

"I don't suppose Sylvie would lie about it." She responded simply before going to the kitchen to grab a glass of juice. Loki stood up and followed her.

"Wouldn't that make you half Asgardian then?" Kendra nodded again. "Do you remember what happened to her? To our mother?" Kendra sighed after taking a drink of her juice, placing the glass down.

"I don't remember much- but she was a mutant.." Kendra explained. Keeping her head down. "Back then Migardian's didn't like Mutants. They would capture them- run experiments on them and kill them." Loki stared at her, his gaze harsh. Pain filling his body. Like being thrown into a tub of ice after being in the scorching hot sun all day. His skin even started to turn blue in anger.

"So they killed her?!" Loki demanded. He had never met his biological mother, but he had no animosity with her. Only his father. Kendra shook her head.

"They did- but those people were bad people, Loki. Not everyone is like them." She tried to calm him down. But it wasn't working as great as she had hope as his skin kept the blue hue. She couldn't see his anger, but she could feel it. The temperature in her apartment had dropped by quite a bit. "There are people who have been fighting them for a long time. The mutants have been extracting revenge for the lost of their kind for years... Our mother was one of them from what I remember. She fought for us. For everyone. Don't let her death anger you. She wouldn't want that." Loki took a few deep breaths as Kendra walked over to him and grabbed his hand. Her hand burned with the frigid cold, but that didn't stop her. "She would be so proud of you."

Loki looked down at his sister. It was hard to believe they were related. She was the opposite of himself. She showed kindness in nearly anyone, no matter what future she had seen for them. She didn't seek out revenge for what happened to her either. Which was shocking to Loki. He had heard that she was in the hands of a group called Hydra. Being tortured and forced to kill in cold blood- Loki couldn't even imagine the pain she had gone through. And yet here she stood, worried about helping others and making sure the world survives even if she wasn't happy with it.

"She would be proud of you-" Loki muttered as he looked at Kendra's hand in his. "As well." He finished before pulling his hand from hers. Not exactly comfortable with affection.

"I know." Kendra said with a smile. "Mother- from what I've seen in her past life before being tied to me at all- she was kind. Always wanting the best for others. I strive to be like her." Kendra explained causing Loki to smile slightly. As soon as it was on his face, it was gone. A frown taking its place.

"Just because we are- related, I'll warn you." Loki told her calmly. "I'll end up killing Stark if he doesn't knock off on the names." He said before moving to leave her apartment. He stopped at the door though. "Also, I'll stab the Patriotic man if he hurts you." With that Loki left the apartment.

Kendra stood there with a grin on her face as she heard her front door shut. It was shocking just to have had Loki in her home. but to also have him asking about their mother- it felt nice even getting together to talk. Even if it was such a sore subject. Kendra could only hope that he would return.