Chapter XXXV: Together

The team all decided on sitting at a Schwama place after the big fight. Tony kept trying to come up with nicknames for Loki and Kendra to make fun of the relation between the two as everyone was sitting and eating.

"What about Wonder Twins?" Tony questioned. Kendra rolled her eyes along with Loki and Sylvie.

"Not twins." Loki sneered. He was enjoying this the least. He thought everyone was annoying. He was alright with Kendra and Sylvie. Probably because of being related somewhat. Or in Sylvie's case being another verizon of himself.

"Whatever you say Clyde." Tony snarked back. Kendra sighed as Steve moved to sit next to her.

"Can we talk?" Steve questioned, his voice low and filled with hope. Kendra let out a short sigh.

"Steve-"

"Kendra, please." Kendra stood up, grabbing Steve's arm before moving to leave the restaurant. She led him outside, using her walking stick to open a small portal to her apartment before pulling him through it. "What are you doin-" Steve was stopped as Kendra had grabbed the back of his neck, pulling him down to her and smashing their lips together. Steve stood frozen for only a minute before his lips moved against Kendra's. His hands moved to her hips, pulling her closer as they kissed each other. Frantic- sweet- almost like they were afraid once they stopped, they would fade away. Like dust in the air.

"I was so afraid." Kendra whispered as she finally did pull away from him. Their foreheads resting against each other's. Steve stared into her vibrant green eyes, wondering what they have seen as his blue eyes held confusion.

"Why would be afraid? Did something happen?" His eyes glanced down at her as if trying to spot if she was harmed, but the only thing he noticed was the odd TVA jacket that was covered in what seemed to be ash. Kendra shook her head, moving her face to snuggle into his chest. Her hands on his chest under her face as his arms moved to envelope her in an embrace. "Kendra, tell me what happened." Steve told her, calmly and softly.

"I don't see you anymore." Steve's eyebrows furrowed, confused even more. Kendra pulled back slightly with a small sigh before shoving her face back into his chest. "The last thing I see in your future was the Frost giant falling towards you. Nothing after that-" She shook her head, rubbing her face further into his warmth. "I thought- I was afraid-"

"That I had died." Steve helped, finishing her sentence. She nodded against him. Steve stood there for a moment, hugging her tightly before a thought filled his mind. "You don't see yourself in the future." He said carefully. Kendra pulled away from him slightly, almost seeming to look up at him- even though she couldn't see him. But her eyebrows were furrowed. Steve smiled down at her. "You don't see your future- and now you don't see mine." He tried to clarify. Kendra's eyes widen slightly as the information clicked into place like a puzzle.

"Your future changed- you chose- Steve you don't even know me." She told him sternly as she pulled out of his embrace. Steve let out a huff of annoyance.

"I didn't know Peggy either. But that doesn't stop somebody from falling for you." He told her with confidence. "It just makes it so much more fun being around you. I want to learn about you. I need to know everything about you, Kendra." He declared, grabbing her hands and intertwining their fingers. "Your favorite color- food, your type of music and your fears. I want to know your past and present." Kendra felt Steve step closer to her, his hand leaving her hand as it cupped her jaw, lifting it up. His breath fanning her lips gently. Warming her skin from the slight chill in the air. Kendra's lips part slightly. "I want to be your future." He whispered before his lips melted against hers.

Their lips moved together as Steve weaved his fingers through Kendra's hair, pulling her closer and making sure she wouldn't just run from him. Kendra felt the warmth of his skin on hers, sending goosebumps in it's wake. His hand that was holding hers, trailed up her arm softly as they pulled back. Kendra sighed in content before shaking her head slightly.

"I have people after me- my life isn't easy." She warned him, trying to make sure he knew what he was getting into. Steve pulled his bottom lip in between his teeth, smiling softly at her quiet warning.

"Then we run or fight." He whispered, pressing a chaste kiss to her lips. "Together." He added in a softer tone, lips brushing against hers as he spoke it.