Chapter XLI: Movie Night

Weeks went by of Kendra going out with Steve. Joining him on his morning walks. He joined her on grocery shopping. Which ended up sort of strange since Steve didn't understand how she could shop so flawlessly without seeing where things were. Which was a valid point, but he forgot she does see the future and present. She ended up explaining to him how she focused on one of the workers at the store. So she sees when things change and such.

Steve had also taken to staying at Kendra's apartment. Her visions calming down and Steve being used as a giant living body pillow. Which of course, he never complained.

Loki and Thor had gone back to Asgard to prepare for the battle. Natasha and Clint went to do some spy work for Shield. Currently Bucky and Steve were both at Kendra's apartment. Movie night was becoming a usual thing. Kendra mostly just listened, obviously, while Bucky and Steve told her what was happening. Steve would cook dinner and Bucky would bring a bunch of snacks.

"This movie is weird." Bucky muttered as his eyes were glued to the tv. Kendra giggled from her spot next to him in Steve's arms. They were currently watching The Hunger Games. The part where Katniss stands up to volunteer in her sisters place was the scene playing. Steve was whispering the details of the movie. The odd colors of the hair and makeup was his biggest fascination. "I thought it was about kids being hungry.." He mumbled as he watched the people say goodbye to their family's.

"Seriously?" Kendra questioned him with a laugh. Bucky reached over to pinch Kendra in the side only to be caught by Kendra. "Nice try."

"God! You are like Jackie Chan." Bucky accused before he turned in his seat some. "Can you catch a fly with chopsticks?" Steve laughed at that. Kendra rolling her eyes before leaning back into Steve. "Wait.. If you can see the future and whatever- can you see the movie before we watch it?" He asked in all seriousness.

"If I'm going to watch it, no. But I can sometimes catch it if one of you guys see it alone." She told him with her eyes closed. Bucky raised his eyebrows shocked.

"Really??" He exclaimed like it was the coolest thing he had ever heard. And thats saying a lot since he's the one with the metal arm. "Wait! Have you seen anyone....you know.. having-"

"Fondue." Steve jumped in before Bucky could finish. Bucky laughed at his friend causing Kendra to giggle slightly as well.

"Once. Tony with some reporter. Did not need to see that." She mumbled. Steve glanced down at her, a bit upset that she had seen that. But it's not like she wanted to. Bucky looked from Steve to Kendra who still had her eyes closed. "Don't worry Steve. I try to stay out of Tony's future now." Kendra added causing Steve to laugh. He leaned down and pressed his lips to her head quickly.

"It couldn't have been that bad...right?" Bucky asked, not knowing when to stop apparently. Steve narrowed his eyes at his friend who ignored him.

"Tony wasn't that bad. But the blonde reporter was odd. She looked like she was literally trying to kill him with her face."

"Right! Maybe I should make dinner." Steve suggested stopping Bucky from talking anymore. Kendra nodded.

"That sounds good. I actually need to talk to you both though-" Kendra started causing both men to look at her. "I need to start on some more prep work for the war..." Steve sighed, knowing she would be starting to work on the supposed war again soon. He just didn't think it would be so soon.

"Are you staying somewhere else or something?" Bucky asked, knowing it was something Steve wanted to know as well.

"No, I'll come home at night if possible." Kendra told them. "But time is going by.. I need to recruit more- check on Bruce with the project I gave him and Anthony. Start work on the Stones.. Maybe even think of tracking down Peter Quil." She listed.

"Is there anything we can do to help?" Steve asked, hoping to be able to make her mission easier. But Kendra only shook her head.

"There should be no danger-"

"No danger?? You are going to be hunting down Infinity Stones. Something that scared the shit out of those two Gods that were here! And yet you say no danger!" Bucky exclaimed, throwing his hands up. Steve was silently agreeing, not wanting to get on her bad side or anything. He believed Kendra was acting on her own since she was always on her own- but now she wasn't. She had friends and him. Whatever he was to her. He wasn't even sure. They had kissed a lot. A ton of teasing, and they had been sleeping together. Actual Sleeping.

"Kendra-" Steve tried but Kendra shook her head.

"I'll be alright. I promise." She assured them. "Besides, if I run into a problem, I'll ask you both for help, okay?" Bucky looked towards Steve before sighing.

"Fine." He mumbled, obviously not too pleased with the outcome. Steve stood up, getting ready to go cook dinner for his best friend and- whatever Kendra was to him. Maybe girlfriend? He liked the sound of that, that was for sure.