Chapter XII: Saving Barnes

James Buchanan Barnes had been living a life of mystery for so long. Not knowing his name, age, where he even came from. Seeing faded, blurry memories every time he closed his eyes. Seeing the familiar face of a scrawny blonde man- someone who he seemed to have close to in another lifetime. But couldn't remember him for the life of him.

Memory's of laughing. Catching punches in the alley way behind a Cinema. Watching the scrawny boy turn into some super human that looked like a dead ringer for the man who was holding him down still. Fighting for his life next to this man and then falling out of a Train in the mountains.

That's when the memories began to turn haywire. Seemingly being shocked through his mind, like it was fazing in and out. Grunts leaving his throat as if he was feeling the shocks rip through him as the memories tore their way into his mind. A woman appeared a few times. Looking just like the woman who had her hands on his temples right now.

He watched as the memories blurred together to show him becoming friends with this woman. She brought him his memories back each day she was with him. Was there for him the whole time even when he had to bring her to the lab for the serum. He wanted to refuse- but she always told him it would give them away.

Finally someone made the call to wipe her. Bucky overhearing this order since he was told to retrieve her. It all worked out perfectly. Bucky had been planning to get her out there for a while. After all those times she told stories of the future- He knew he would see her again. Knew that she had so much more to do instead of becoming a brainless drone to Hydra. So that's what he did.

Bucky lost his memory once more that night. But it was worth it. Kendra was free and now here she was. Once more- bringing James Buchanan Barnes his life back.

Bucky's lips twitched upwards slightly as his vision clears. Kendra kneeling next to him, slowly removing her fingers from his temple. His steel eyes snapping to look at the person who sat on him, Steve looking down at him.

"You know, Even with those piercing blue eyes- I'm still extremely straight, punk." Bucky joked as Steve's eye widen.

"I-it worked?" Steve stammered. Bucky used his metal arm to shove Steve all of him before sitting up and standing up.

"You doubted this woman?" Bucky questioned as Kendra smiled and stood up with Bucky's help. Bucky grinned at her and yanked her to his hard body into a tight hug. Steve watched from the ground, eyebrow raised. "Thank you so much, Fenny." Bucky breathed into her hair. Fenny was a nickname he had given her from her last name.

"You know each other?" Steve questioned, putting the pieces together as he stood up. Bucky pulled away from Kendra, looking towards his best friend.

"Of course. Fenny here has given me my memories every day she was in Hydra with me." Steve's eyes widen as Bucky turned toward Kendra. "And here you are doing it all over again!" He pulled her back to him, hugging her. Kendra laughed, pushing him away from her.

"Alright alright. That's enough. We need to remove your tracker and get out of here before they catch on to you." She told Bucky before seemingly pulling her walking stick apart at the end and having a small knife. Steve watched her as she took the small- what looked to be a skinny pairing knife, to Bucky's, cutting him. Steve couldn't understand what was going on. Kendra acted as if she could see as she cut into his best friends arm.

"Don't look so amazed, Punk. This woman is just going to keep surprising you. Might as well relax your face." Bucky teased as he gritted his teeth as Kendra dug into his arm, pulling out a small device.

"I just- I'm so lost on how you can even do all of this stuff." Steve mutter towards Kendra, causing her to laugh.

"I see the Future, Steve." Kendra pointed out causing Steve to stare at her in disbelief.

"So you knew what I was going to do before I did it?!" He exclaimed in shock as Kendra took a bandanna from her pocket and wrapped it around Bucky's arm.

"Wait- before you did what?" Bucky questioned, obviously intrigued. Kendra shook her head as she fixed her walking stick back together and started to walk towards the hotel room.

"I challenged him to take my walking stick." Kendra told him as they both followed her. When they entered the room, blood splattered on the walls and a dead man on the ground causing Bucky to grimace and look away. He hated how he had done that. How he had taken so many lives. "Don't do that, Bucky." Kendra mumbled as she tapped her walking stick on the ground before drawing the sparking circle onto the terribly carpeted ground.

"I'm not doing anything." Bucky mumbled back before stepping next to her as Steve went on the other side. Both men took her arms before they stepped into the golden portal.