Chapter XXXVIII: Teenage Dream

Kendra came out of her bedroom smelling the fresh eggs that Steve had just made. Kendra smiled at the smell, making her way to the kitchen and standing on her tip toes to get a glass from the cabinet.

Steve watched Kendra as he reached into the fridge and pulled out the carton of milk. His eyes watching as she struggled to reach the glass on the top shelf. Standing up straight he moved over to her, standing behind her as he reached passed her to grab the glass. His body pressing against hers.

"Here, let me." He breathed against her ear causing shivers to run down her spine. Steve smirked as he heard her take a sharp breath. Bringing the glass down to her hand before she grabbed it. But before he pulled away from her, he placed both hands on either side of her, caging her in. Lowering his face to her neck as Kendra tilted her head slightly to the side to give him more access. Steve smiled before dragging his nose along the column of her neck. "You smell good." He whispered. Kendra smiled before turning her head.

"Is this your attempt to get me back?" Kendra questioned him. Her eyes looking calm and oozing with confidence. Steve chuckled while shaking his head.

"Get you back for what? I don't know what you mean." He whispered before Kendra turned slightly and leaned towards him. Her lips pressing to his, catching Steve off guard. His breath catching in his throat as her lips pulled slightly on his bottom lip. She went to pull back but Steve shot his hand up, cupping her cheek and bringing their lips back together. Kendra smiled against his lips before turning completely around, facing him. Her hands landing on his hips before her fingers looped into his belt loops and pulled him towards her.

Steve let out a bit of a groan from his throat, leaning more towards Kendra as his lips moved with her. It wasn't a rushed kiss- more so passionate and teasing. Making them feel like teenagers making out against the lockers. They pulled apart with a knock on the door. Steve sighed, staring down at Kendra not wanting the moment to end, but the knocking got louder. Steve stepped away from her before heading to the door, as soon as he opened the door just the slightest- Bucky pushed it open and stepped inside.

"God, you call me over here only to make me wait-" Bucky stopped when he saw Steve in front of him. "Oh... OH!" He exclaimed as he looked from Steve to Kendra, who was now in the doorway of the kitchen. "You two-" Bucky grinned before patting Steve on the back proudly- acting like a proud father for a moment. "Congrats man! Finally gave away that V-Card." Steve's eyes widen at his friend, shaking his head frantically.

"No no no no." Steve muttered. Kendra let out a laugh.

"Don't sound so frightened, Steve. I'm not that bad- I promise." She informed him causing Bucky to laugh. Steve's face seemed to have flushed in embarrassment.

"That's not- I didn't mean-" He stammered with a slight blush. Bucky smirked towards his best friend.

"He's blushing right?" Kendra questioned as she tried to imagine it. Steve sighed as Bucky automatically told her that he was indeed red.

"If you two are done- what are you doing here Bucky?" Steve asked with a bit of fake annoyance.

"Kendra called me." Bucky announced as he pointed towards Kendra who was walking towards them. She pulled Bucky in before closing the door and locking it. This caused the two grown Super Soldiers to gain a bit of fear. Why would she lock them in? Why was she blocking the door?

"Today you both talk to Anthony." She announced with a raised eyebrow. Bucky felt like his heart dropped into his groin as his stomach raised to his throat. Fear chilling through his body. Steve wasn't as bad- but he was definitely not excited. Bucky looked from Kendra to the door, trying to calculate if he could get away. But Kendra crossed her arms, knowing what he was thinking. "Don't even try." She told him sternly.

"But- why do I have to tell him anything?! Can't he just go on not knowing??" Bucky whined out. Clearly terrified of telling the Billionaire the truth of his parents death. Steve stepped up to stand next to Bucky, his hand on his shoulder.

"That wasn't you. Tony will understand- or he will. It'll be alright." Steve assured his friend. Bucky sighed, hanging his head low.

"I'll make sure he knows it wasn't you." Kendra told him, trying to build up his confidence. "You weren't in control. He will understand. Promise." Bucky sighed, nodding.

"Fine. Let's get this over with."