Chapter LIII: Guardians of the Galaxy

Kendra dropped Wanda off at Shield, not wanting to be lectured about anything more than she had already been. She was having an inner debate on whether or not she should tell Steve what she had learned today. It was- it was something that could be fixed. But if anything went wrong- all the work she put into changing things would be gone.

She thought about how Steve would take it. Would he push her to fix it? Side with Loki. See it as a way for her to live differently? Or would he side with her? Focus on saving the world before herself. She doubted he would side with her on the whole thing. So instead of going home that night, Kendra decided to take care of a few more things first. She had a few people to see, another stone to destroy and a Celestial to chat with.

Opening a portal from Shield, Kendra walked through to end up on Morag. Thankfully, the ringing had eased up and after cleaning out her nasal cavities, she was able to smell and hear so much better. She could hear a man moving around. The music coming from his walksmen.

She waited with an amused look on her face as he retrieved the Power stone for her- well for the Collector. But she had every plan to intervene. When he came hurdling out of the secret area with people trying to stop him, Kendra followed him onto his ship before he took off quickly. Kendra waited a few moments as he focused on flying, not noticing the woman on his ship.

"Well that was a mess and a half." Kendra muttered as she leaned against the wall of the ship. Peter Quill jumped out of his seat, hitting the autopilot before he turned to the woman with his guns out.

"How the hell did you get on here?!" He exclaimed shocked. Kendra laughed, rolling her eyes.

"Lower your guns, Peter- or should I call you Starlord? Do you have an actual preference? Maybe I can call you something different.. There will be another Peter in my life soon- give or take a year or so." Kendra ranted as Peter lowered his guns, confused as his eyes caught sight of her walking stick.

"You're blind." He stated simply. Kendra raised an eyebrow at him.

"Don't underestimate me." She warned just as simply. He rolled his eyes as he placed his guns on the dash.

"What are you doing on my ship? How do you know who I am?" He questioned as he watched her walk over to him.

"Well you were a bit preoccupied, so I suppose you didn't notice me. I just followed you right on here-"

"But you're blind." He repeated. Kendra sighed.

"Yes- to you, I am blind." She agreed, causing him to raise his eyebrow confused by her wording.

"To me?"

"I can hear and smell just fine- which helps me see you just fine. By the way- maybe lay off on the Zargnuts." She told him. Peter huffed at her, insulted. "I can smell the burnt smell coming off of your guns, telling me you recently shot them- probably at those people coming at you for the Stone. The sound of your Walkman playing still- not to mention the sound of your pants rubbing together as you circle me." Peter paused his pacing. He was circling her, trying to see if she was human or what. She came off Alien.

"But how did you know me?" He asked, confused. Kendra smirked towards him.

"Well that's simple. I can see the future and past." Kendra told him, causing Peter to stare at her dumbfounded.

"Bull." He told her with a laugh. "Now seriously."

"I'm not lying, Starlord. I can call you that, right? Such a cool Alias. Wish I had a cool superhero-vigilant name like that." Kendra muttered off before closing her eyes for a moment. "I can tell you something about yourself- maybe a past thing to show you I am who I say I am?"

"Yeah-yeah do that. Tell me something, no one knows."

"Well I know that your mom gave you that tape you listen to nonstop. Is that too sensitive of a subject? Maybe we can talk about your father? No- you don't really know him well- I could tell you about him though if you'd like. Real jackass that guy. I would call him a man- but he really isn't one of them. More.... Gassly- I suppose. Like Pluto." Peter stared at the woman, confused.

"Did you really just compare my father to Pluto?? Wait- the dog? Or the planet? Isn't Pluto not a planet now?" Kendra giggled at Peter. She liked him- and could tell they would get along just fine.

"The planet- which is still a planet in my mind. Anyway. Is that enough for you? Or did you need more? Maybe we can talk about Missouri? Or Gamora? Wait- have you met her yet? Probably not. I always get the past and future mixed up. Maybe we could discuss your stand in father figure- What was his name? Yondu! The blue man."

"Okay- Okay! I get it." Peter said, stopping her from continuing her rant. "So what is that I can do for you? Are you looking for some rare-"

"I need the stone you just acquired. The Power Stone." Peter shook his head.

"No can do. That is already spoken for-"

"But you see, I need it more. If you give it to this- Collector fella, then Thanos will get it." Kendra told him as she walked towards the dash of the ship. "Did you know that Thanos is after the Infinity Stones? Do you know who Thanos is yet? Probably not. But he is going to change your life." Kendra turned to face Peter who was staring at her. Trying to figure her out. "If you let him, he will ruin your life. Turn you to dust and blow away the ash. Is that what you want? To die? Before you have even lived? When was the last time you visited your mother's grave?" Peter kept staring at her before sighing.

"Fine. Is there anything else you need?" Kendra smiled at him.

"Are you into explosions?"