Chapter XXIV: Nothing Short of a Tease

Dating. Not many people do this. Kendra being one of them. It's hard to go on a date with someone when you can see their future. See who they end up with. Especially hard when you don't see yourself in the future visions. It was something that Kendra was accepting. Her main objective is to save everyone. Prevent certain deaths that shouldn't happen and recruit people to join before they actually did join.

So far, she had a great team. Natasha Romanoff, the spy who she was trained by. The reason she made it through the Black Widow Program. Bucky Barnes, the WinterSoldier. The best friend who made sure of her escape. Clint Barton, the Archer. A circus act waiting for his escape. Steve Rogers, Captain America. The man who lost nearly sixty years of his life by being frozen. Thor, Loki- Captain Marvel. The X-men team. Kendra had the army growing more and more as time went on. But she wasn't ready for one thing. A date with the man who had kept her grounded without even knowing her.

Kendra and Steve had agreed to a dinner date the next day, for Kendra was way too tired to go anywhere then. But the night went by, and noon went just as fast. And here they were, both nervous and unsure. Steve was mostly nervous since he had never really been on a date. The one date he had set was cancelled due to him going into the ice. Kendra was unsure, since all she could see was Steve dancing with Peggy. Sure, there was a second vision, but it was so blurry she could not see it clear enough.

"Kendra?" Kendra snapped her gaze in the direction of Steve. They were currently at the diner down the road and Kendra had zoned out slightly with visions floating around in her eyesight. "Am I that boring?" Steve joked as he picked up his fork to eat. Watching as Kendra picked up her fry, biting it.

"You're not boring- I just-" Steve nodded as she tried to piece her words together.

"I get it. Theres a lot going on." He accepted, a smile on his face as he stabbed some of his chili cheese fries. "Anything new in the future?" He questioned as he saw her eyes settle back down. Like she had just seen some new vision. She smiled at him.

"There's always new things in the future, Steve. The future is always changing." Kendra told him with a grin. Steve stared at her. Wondering what she had seen, not just now but throughout her life. How much of his life she knew. Did she know where he would end up in the end? "You can ask me questions, Steve. It's alright." Kendra spoke up, stopping Steve's thoughts.

"Have you- Have you seen my future?" He asked her, shaking his head as he realized how much of a simple question it was. "Of course you have- I meant- have you seen the end of my future?" Steve reworded, but as the words left his mouth, he somewhat regretted it. What if she wasn't in his future? And he's on a date with her right now asking her about how his life would end up. He felt like that question possibly just ruined his date. "I'm sorry-"

"Your future is beautiful, Captain Rogers. But the future is always changing. What you do now will mold it to what it should be." She said, interrupting his rant of an apology. Steve looked at her, his blue eyes trying to see into her green ones. Green eyes that saw so much but never could see him as he is right now. It seemed like such a sad thing. To never see what was right in front of you. But the wisdom she shared, sounded like she was older than she really was.

"I feel you know everything about me- but I know nothing about you." Steve pointed out. Kendra raised an eyebrow at him.

"What is there to know about me?" Kendra questioned, confused what there was to interest him about her. The only thing special about Kendra was the fact that she could see things others couldn't. Well thats what she thought, at least. Kendra shook her head. "I'm nothing special." She muttered as she pushed her food around on her plate. Steve furrowed his brow at her, reaching out and grabbing her hand.

"You are right. You're not special." Steve agreed, causing Kendra to go to pull her hand away. But Steve tightened his grip, holding her in place. "You are extraordinary. Beyond Special." He corrected, a smile on his lips as he watched Kendra look up at him. Almost like she could see him, but she couldn't. But her green eyes did meet his, causing a flutter in his stomach. "Now. Tell me about yourself. What led you to be you? I've got to know." Kendra smiled, her bottom lip moving in between her teeth as she felt a slight blush rush up her neck.

"And what would you like to know, Captain?" She asked in a low voice. Steve blushed in return, moving around in his seat as if he was affected by her words and tone.

"Well-um- uh-" Steve stammered slightly before clearing his throat. Kendra let a smirk twitch at the corners of her lips. She knew the affect she had on the man. He was still shy and conservative. But she could see through that. She knew he was just waiting for the right woman to walk into his life. He was waiting for Peggy Carter. Or so she thought. "You shock me." Steve muttered with a smile that was close to a smirk. "You know what you're doing. It's been a long time since I met a woman who could-"

"Make you flustered?" Kendra interrupted with a smirk now completely on her face. Steve chuckled, shaking his head at her.

"You're enjoying this a bit too much." He mumbled out as Kendra turned her hand around under his. Turning his hand over and drawing light patterns onto his palm. Steve felt goosebumps run up his skin at her touch. His blue eyes watching her fingers move freely.

"Is that so wrong?"