Chapter XVIII: Rightful King of Asgard

Kendra let out a breath as she sat in the cell. This time around they had taken her walking stick which made her laugh a bit. The stick wasn't magic. But Asgardians know nothing about Midgardians. So now, Kendra was sat against the wall, resting her elbows on her knees. Pretending to be defenseless. Her head snapped up though as someone appeared.

"Prince Loki. What a wonderful surprise for you to come visit me." Kendra smiled towards him. Loki narrowed his eyes at her through the force field, intrigued by how she knew that he was the one there.

"I don't understand how your magic works." He admitted with a sigh of annoyance. Kendra let out a small laugh, shaking her head at him.

"Why don't you get a closer look?" She offered causing the young prince to become confused.

"I am not coming into your cell." He pointed out, in which she shook her head. Signaling that wasn't what she had meant.

"I meant for you to actually come down here in person." She teased the hologram. Loki stared at her in shock.

"How did you-"

"Is my magic really why you came down here? Or is it about something else?" She urged. Knowing he had come down to see her for an actual reason.

"Why are you doing this?" Loki questioned. Kendra tilted her head at him, not understanding the question he had asked. Loki let out a huff of air. "Why are you helping me become king?" He reworded.

"Because you would make a great King if given it instead of taking it." Kendra told him simply. But Loki knew there was more to it, so he raised his eyebrow, waiting. Kendra looked back up at him before sighing and shaking her head at him. "If I help make you king, it would prevent a lot of trouble on my planet. Less death, trauma. Not to mention save you from a lot of terror." She mentioned. Loki stepped closer to her in interest.

"All of that happens if I don't become King?" He asked as his ego grew. Kendra rolled her eyes.

"Don't let it get to yourself. It happens because you throw a tantrum. At least if Odin trains you, you'll be calmer and become an amazing King." She broke his ego down fast causing him to glare at her.

"Theres more to this." Loki pushed further.

"Not really. Maybe provide a decent ally to my planet, but otherwise no. I'm preventing a huge battle right now." She muttered. Kendra was a bit tired from the force she used to make Odin see everything. Loki noticed her tiredness, frowning.

"You haven't tried to escape...But you could easily.. Are you alright?" He questioned. Kendra shrugged.

"Just a bit tired right now is all." Loki nodded before moving around a bit. "What are you doing?" Kendra asked as she felt someone appearing from the side and then the force field dropped. Loki came over to her and helped Kendra stand up.

"You need to rest. I can feel you used too much power." Loki mumbled as he helped her walk out of the cell. He supported her a bit as he guided her up the palace stairs to the bedrooms. Once they were about to go into a room, a loud voice stopped them, causing Loki to sigh in annoyance.

"Brother!! Why do you have the Seer with you? Isn't she supposed to be in a cell??" Thor's booming voice shouted as he came closer to them.

"She needs proper rest, you idiot." Loki muttered in annoyance. Kendra sighed as she tried to take her weight from the young prince.

"I'm fine." She offered before stumbling slightly. Her head a bit hazy. Loki caught her before turning to look at Thor.

"I'm letting her stay in the guest room on our floor for now. Odin will never know as long as you keep your mouth shut." Loki told him as Thor moved to open the door.

"Lady Kendra, I had no idea you had tired yourself out! I'm sure it would be okay if we let you stay in here." Thor agreed, rather loudly causing both Kendra and Loki to wince slightly.

"Thank you. Both of you." Kendra smiled as Loki walked her into the room and helped her settle into her temporary bed. Thor closing the curtains and making it nice and dark for her. Kendra was feeling slightly like a child being put to bed by the thousand year old gods. It was kind of comical if you looked at it that way. The God of Mischief and the God of Thunder babying the Midgardian Seer. Kendra had to hold in the laughter at the idea of it in her head.

With that, Loki and Thor left Kendra to sleep. Thor exclaiming a sweet dreams and Loki stabbing him in the side before whispering a good night to her.