Chapter IV: 1995 Pt. 4

Fury sat at his desk as he listened to how Kendra came to be how she is. His eye widening when he heard of Hydra and the Black Widow program. Shocked as he heard of her graduation. Not to mention what she now could see. Kendra stopped her talk as she mentioned losing consciousness in her story. She seemed to be unfocused for a moment.

"Hydra-" Kendra snapped out of it, nodding towards Fury.

"Hydra is very much still going." She clarified for him before he could actually question it.

"How is that possible?" Fury mumbled as he shook his head. He had just found out about aliens and now Hydra.

"I don't think that is the question you should be asking me." Kendra said carefully. Fury looked at her confused.

"Then why don't you go on and answer the questions you think I need answered." Fury told her, leaning back in his chair as he crossed his arms and waited for her to inform him of more things. Kendra smiled towards him.

"All you need to concern yourself with, is that list." She told him making Fury drop his shoulders as he opened the drawer of his  desk, pulling out the paper that Kendra had given him.

"Steve Rogers has been dead for quite a while." He stated, reading off the list that he was provided. Kendra shook her head.

"He's just chilling out a bit." Kendra joked, laughing slightly at her own thought. Fury stared at her unamused. "Sorry, but Steve Rogers is frozen right now in the Arctic somewhere." Kendra clarified. Fury furrowed his brow in thought.

"You're telling me, that Captain America is still alive and basically just frozen in time." He elaborated. Kendra nodded.

"Essentially. But that's not at the top of your list right now. Although, I suppose you could have people searching for him." She spoke in thought as her eyes seemed to be flicking around. Her lips parting to speak but Fury interrupted her.

"What are you seeing right now?" Fury asked, his brown eye focused on her vibrant green eyes that seemed to have found a focal point.

Kendra could see she was in a small area. Concrete walls and a small opening in the ceiling. Her eyes watching Steve Rogers fighting against Tony Stark. A man with a metal arm, Bucky, was trying to escape through the opening in the ceiling. Her eyes flicking around as she watched the shield being thrown around and beams being fired. Finally Steve looked passed her, seemingly at her. Her eyes pausing in relief at the sight of the blue eyes.

Kendra sighed, relaxing.

"Just a war between friends. Nothing for you to concern yourself with at the moment." She told Fury which made him a bit upset. He was the type to know everything and Kendra seemed to be keeping nearly everything from him. "There are things you don't need to involve yourself with, Nicholas."

"Fine. How do I know I can trust you? You were involved with Hydra, a known organization against Shield." Fury told her as he stood up and moved around his desk to lean against it. "How do I know you're not a spy for them?" Kendra raised her eyebrow at him, letting out a slight laugh.

"You really do have trust issues." She spoke with a slight humor to her tone. Clearly amused by his questioning of her loyalty.

"Well you did tell me not to trust anyone." He pointed out causing her to smile and nod.

"You're learning, good. But you can trust me." She clarified before tilting her head some. "Unlike some of these posers that you work with." Fury stared at her intensely.

"Are you telling me that Shield has been compromised?" Fury questioned in a low tone. Obviously worried all of a sudden. Kendra nodded.

"Hence the whole don't trust anyone." She told him with another nod, as if agreeing with herself. "But it has come time for me to take my leave. You have my number-"

"Hold on. You can't leave yet. You tell me we have spy's in the building and nothing more? Also, how did you get out of Hydra? You never explained." Fury said as he stood up straight, ready to stop her from leaving.

"Don't be so hostile, Nicholas. It's not a nice look for you. And I'm sure you can figure out who are working against you. You are a very bright young man." Kendra told him as she grabbed her walking stick. Fury sighed, seeing she wasn't going to offer anymore information willingly.

"And how did you get out?" Fury asked, curious how someone who is blind got free from such a high tech and well guarded organization. Kendra kept her head down as a smile spread onto ear lips.

"I had a friend." With that she walked out of the office. Fury followed after her only to see the split second she was out of his eyesight, she disappeared. Fury took in a deep harsh breath. Wondering how she did that so easily and why he didn't ask about it. Walking back into his office he grabbed the phone.

"Coulson, I need you to get the employment list to me. Everyone that works for Shield. Leave no one out." He spoke into the phone. Coulson was still his partner and was the only man he knew he could trust right off the bat. "No, include Everyone. I don't care if they are part of the janitorial group. I want every name- background checks. Everything."

-

Kendra let out a sigh as she stepped into her apartment. It was a tattered building, abandoned to the world. Walls crumbling down in some spots. Water damage staining the ceiling in corners that weren't crumbled. The only window in the room was shattered from some kids throwing rocks. The sounds of the city roaring outside echoing into the dingy apartment as Kendra moved to stand in the middle of the living room. The paint chipping away along the walls. Thankfully, Kendra couldn't really see the apartment. But it was a safe place for her to hide from Hydra.

Her vision clouded with the Battle of New York. The Chitauri flying the big looking worm thing over her head as her heartbeat picked up. Fire from explosions and people screaming causing her to move into a slight panic attack. She had seen this before, but the trauma of seeing- hearing it all so much. Every time from a different angle. Her eyes flicking around as she tried to find her anchor in the vision.

The hulk jumping down from the giant worm thing and landing in front of her, causing Kendra to fall back a step or two. Forgetting the visions couldn't touch her. Red and blue caught her sight as Steve Rogers came over to Natalia and Clint. Making a plan of attacking from up high. His eyes hard in thought. Kendra stared into them, smiling as she felt her heart calming.

That was the thing. These visions that she could control were aggressive. Nothing she could do to stop them from hitting her line of sight. But she was always able to find that one set of Blue eyes to look into. To feel safe. Like she would never be harmed. An Anchor in the madness of time.