Two

Taehyung
Hi!

I heard that you're
coming back to Seoul today.

Do you want me to make
anything specific for dinner?

Jungkook has been staring at the text Taehyung sent for the past five minutes. He doesn't know what to reply to that. Actually, he never really talked to Taehyung all these years. He did talk to him but that was only for formality. It was only a fake interaction in front of their families.

Taehyung wasn't even aware about what's going on in Jungkook's life. Since the older became an idol, he just relied on the media and Dispatch for any news about his husband. Or he got to know it from Jungkook's younger brother, Jimin or his parents.

But he kept Jungkook informed about everything he did. His texts to the idol were like a diary entry because he rarely got a reply. Whenever Jungkook did feel like he should reply, he sent such short texts that Taehyung felt it was better if he didn't reply at all. He only texted Jungkook because he wanted to be a responsible husband and wanted the other to stay updated about where he is using his money. He didn't even want to use Jungkook's money but he had no other option so he always explained to him why he made a certain transaction.

Other than that, the two of them were living in two different worlds. While Jungkook is an idol, living his life in front of the cameras almost all the time, Taehyung lives a rather quite life. They are so different from each other. They just don't click together. That's what Jungkook feels.

"Hey man! What are you doing?" The grey haired idol feels a pat on his shoulder and immediately turns off his phone.

His tilts his head to see his friend and manager, Eunwoo, standing right behind him. "Uh, nothing."

The older looks at him for a bit too long before nodding and saying, "Alright. Get some sleep. Bang PD-nim called me earlier. He asked me to ask you if you could join the company dinner."

"Company dinner? Isn't he being cruel now? We're going back to Seoul after a three and a half months tour. We deserve some break." Jungkook whines.

"I know, right? I'm so tired. I can barely sleep in flights." Namjoon, the leader of the group, removes the book that he had been reading earlier (but was now using to cover his eyes to sleep) from his face and looks at their manager.

"Well, too bad. You guys have to go. I mean, I'm not forcing you but y'all should. Today, all the Bighit artists will be free and you guys will be back too. Tomorrow, Enhypen would be going for a shoot somewhere so they thought today is the perfect opportunity." Eunwoo explains. The members nod their heads. Company dinners are always fun. It's just that they are too tired for that right now.

"Do you promise to clear our schedules for the next few days then, Eunwoo? If you do, we would be able to enjoy this company dinner more." Hoseok, another member of the group, says.

"Oh the world knows how hard BTS has worked lately so you can definitely take a week off. I spoke to PD-nim about the same." Eunwoo informs them, making the boys hoot in happiness.

BTS is a group of four members; Kim Namjoon, Min Yoongi, Jung Hoseok and Jeon Jungkook. Jungkook is the maknae of the group. Yoongi, Hoseok and Namjoon were already a group when Jungkook had joined them. They debuted a year and a half earlier than him. It's just that the company realised later that the group needed a vocalist and not just rappers for a better performance.

When Jungkook had joined the group, the fans did not like it. They called him an 'intruder' and the maknae had to work his ass off to showcase his talent and prove that he indeed deserves to be a part of BTS.