Fifty Four

^It's my best friend's birthday y'all!!! He finally turned 21! Happy Jungkook Day✨

This is probably the longest chapter of this book. It's Jungkook Day special. Happy Reading!

------------------------------

"Well, it's simple. You can go for media play and I even know a female idol and her label who would be down for it."

Jungkook absolutely loathes the idea. Honestly, he saw this coming. The PR team comes up with the most shitty ideas. Media play is one of the most popular publicity stunts in their industry. Fake dating and causing scandals to divert the media and the public's attention from other issues towards two popular celebrities. People keenly watch their every move with great interest. Some of them favour the story put forward by the celebrities, thinking all of that is true. Some people hate the idea. Nonetheless, media play serves its purpose.

"I'm not doing it." Jungkook refuses the idea as soon as he hears it. He has never liked this idea and he never plans to do it, not even in his most desperate times.

"Look, Jungkook-ah, it's the best cover up we can come up with." Bang Sihyuk says. "After seeing you in Bacalar with Taehyung, there are already dating rumours. You haven't even come out to the public. Things would get nasty."

The youngest idol rolls his eyes, "Oh I thought Jinny's Kitchen covered that issue. When the episode gets telecasted, people would definitely realise that I was there for work and not for romance."

The PR head sighs, "It's not that easy, Jungkook-ssi. Your name has been linked with Taehyung-ssi on several occasions. The first time was when the New York airport pictures went viral. Then some people thought you two were dating even when Taehyung-ssi and Jimin-ssi faced rumours. Then the Bacalar thing happened. It's too much and soon enough, people would start speculating. You two are literally married. How long can you two hide? This is the best way to divert attention."

"Think Jungkook-ah," Bang Sihyuk adds, "People won't know about you and Taehyung so there won't be any hate directed to you and him. You'd just have to go out with the female idol we set you up with once in a few months and people would keep talking about it. You can do whatever you want to with Taehyung behind the closed doors and---"

"I don't want to do anything with Taehyung behind the closed doors." The idol interrupts him, "I mean I want to. What we do behind the doors is no one's business but I also want to go out with him--- do the things regular couples do, give him a normal life."

That's true. Jungkook is done hiding. He wants to go out with Taehyung while proudly holding his hand. No matter what people think about him, he wants to flaunt his relationship and his beautiful husband to the world. He wants to give Taehyung the normalcy he deserves. It's Jungkook who decided to be a celebrity. It's Jungkook who chose that life for himself. Taehyung didn't. Taehyung doesn't need to live by his lifestyle. His husband has sacrificed enough. It's about time good things come Taehyung's way. Jungkook would fucking make sure of that.