Twenty Four

"Woah, this place is so pretty, Jungkook." Taehyung praises, his eyes not leaving his room. It's exactly how he wanted. It's the same one he had shown Jungkook a couple of days ago in his office. His husband really paid attention to the details.

"I'm glad you like it." The older replies, shyly rubbing the back of his neck. He is glad he was able to impress Taehyung to some extent.

"Yeah, I do." The stylist says and turns around. He looks at his husband standing right behind him, so close to him. He remembers the hug they shared a little less than half an hour ago outside the house and that makes him blush.

He takes a step back and crosses his hands across his chest. The sudden look of seriousness in his eyes scares the other a little. "What happened, Tae?" He asks nervously.

"I'm just wondering how much money did you exactly spend here." Taehyung says, tapping his chin.

"Why do you ask that?"

"Because I need to pay you back--- my share, I mean." The younger says in a 'matter of fact' tone. Jungkook's eyebrows shoot up at that. "Who said you need to pay me back?"

Taehyung exhales, closing his eyes for a few seconds before talking. He hopes that what he is about to say doesn't spoil both their moods. "I'm saying that." He shrugs and starts exiting the room, still not being able to take his eyes off of the things that come on his way because this house is so freaking beautiful.

"But you don't need to, baby." Jungkook says, following him like a lost puppy.

Taehyung sighs and turns around. "Stop calling me baby!" He didn't mean to snap, not after all that his husband has done today and has been doing these past couple of days. But it's not easy for him. This is all so sudden.

He can't help that his mind travels back to the past when his husband gave him a cold shoulder in everything he did. He can't help but think about his lonely days. He thought redecorating their old house would make those memories go away but--- even changing the house couldn't do it.

Taehyung wonders if Jungkook could be so nice now, why couldn't he be like that in the past? He never asked for the idol to fall in love with him. Falling in love is not easy as it is. But was it so hard to be civil?

Now the sudden affection and the care the older is showering him with is overwhelming. He enjoys it but that confuses him too. Are they moving too fast? Perhaps they are, and so Taehyung needs to be extra careful and not give away what Jungkook wants so easily. Because it has never been that easy with him too.

He is still going to let Jungkook do what he wants but he isn't going to do absolutely nothing. He knows they're not a normal couple. Not yet, at least. So until things really get normal, he should do his part--- like pay the rent. It's sad enough that he had to use Jungkook's financial resources to go to the university. He didn't have a choice at that time, but right now, he does. And he wants to show to his husband that he can afford all this too. Maybe, he can't afford as much as the idol can, but he can definitely pay his rent.

"Wh-What, Tae? Did I do something wrong?" Jungkook nervously fiddles with his fingers. He doesn't know why his husband suddenly got so mad at him. He was so happy just a while ago.

"No. No, you didn't, Jungkook." Taehyung sighs. This is weird--- and annoying. Whenever he thinks that he can finally be happy, the past comes all the way back to hunt him down.

"Then what happened?" The idol asks in a soft whisper.

Taehyung feels a little sad, a little guilty too. After all, he is the reason that the smile that adorned the face of his husband vanished in just a few seconds. But he also thinks that Jungkook deserves it. After all that he has put him through, this is nothing. If anything, what Taehyung is about to say would probably bring more clarity in their relationship, which is much needed.