Sixteen

As the rain starts beating the ground harder, Jungkook pulls away from Taehyung. He looks around and starts walking away.

Taehyung immediately holds his hand, looking at him with wide, worried eyes. "Where are you going?" He asks, voice merely a whisper. But Jungkook understands what his husband is trying to say and smiles at him.

"You left the umbrella over there, Tae." He says, pointing behind him.

The stylist slowly turns around and sees the umbrella he had been carrying on the ground. He must have dropped it at some point of time while running.

He slowly lets go of Jungkook so that he can go and bring the umbrella back. The idol quickly does so and comes back to his husband.

He puts the umbrella on top of Taehyung, covering him from the rain and getting drenched himself. The younger looks at him and feels bad. He feels bad seeing his husband acting so kindly towards him. He feels confused.

These past couple of days, Jungkook has been nothing but amazing and patient. He feels bad for not giving him as much attention. But then he is scared. He is scarred and he wants to take time and analyse the situation before coming to a conclusion. He doesn't want to get hurt. You can't blame him for it.

But it's not really easy for him to ignore Jungkook's actions now--- specially when he's being so kind and talking to him as if he matters.

"Tae, are you here with me?" Jungkook shakes his shoulder to grab his attention. Taehyung got lost in his thoughts.

"Y-Yeah."

"It doesn't seem like the rain would be stopping anytime soon. Come with me?" The older suggests, looking at him expectantly.

"Where?"

"Somewhere we can hide from the rain." Jungkook replies. Taehyung is confused by his answer but he decides to wait and see for himself instead of bombarding the other with questions. It's not like Jungkook would take advantage of him. He has that much faith in his husband.

So he just nods and starts walking side by side Jungkook who has been holding the umbrella above his head. Seeing him getting drenched like that, Taehyung stops in his tracks.

The idol stops too and gives him a confused look. Taehyung doesn't say anything but simply extends his hand towards him. Jungkook looks at him curiously. His breath gets stuck in his throat when he sees the younger curling his fingers around the fabric of his shirt, right above his chest.

He looks at Taehyung, who is already looking at him, right in the eyes. The younger suddenly pulls him by his shirt, making him move forward and right under the umbrella. "Don't get wet, Jungkook." He says.

The idol has only read about the fluttering feeling in the pit of one's stomach when he came across a random Yoonkook fanfiction on Twitter. But before this moment, he didn't think feeling this kind of way was possible.

His heart thumps in his chest due to the proximity with his husband. He looks at Taehyung's face carefully, as if trying to remember every detail of it. He looks so handsome with his face damp with the rainwater and some of droplets even cascade down his skin from his hair. His pillowy lips look so inviting too but he stops thinking about them before he gets reminded of the kiss again.

 His pillowy lips look so inviting too but he stops thinking about them before he gets reminded of the kiss again