Twenty Three

"I didn't expect to see this when I decided to come here." A sudden voice interrupts the couple's happy time with each other. They jump at their places, getting startled by the intrusion. Panic rises within Jungkook as he slowly turns around. The voice doesn't belong to someone he already knows.

But Taehyung sighs in relief after hearing the voice. He slowly turns around and smiles, thanking the heavens for sending his best friend here and not anyone else.

"Hyung! What are you doing here?" Taehyung exclaims, gently pushing Jungkook aside to make his way to the CEO.

The idol looks at them with wide eyes as his husband approaches the other male and happily hugs him. Jungkook knows who the man is. There are very few people who don't know Kim Seokjin anyway. He is among the top 10 youngest and most successful CEOs in the world.

"I came to surprise you, Tae. But seeing you here with your husband like this ended up surprising me instead." The oldest among the three says, making the idol shift uncomfortably at his place.

"Uhh... yeah, it kinda happened." Taehyung doesn't make eye contact with Seokjin. The older male looks at the other two suspiciously, wondering if he's missing something.

"By the way, hyung, this is Jeon Jungkook. You know him already. Jungkook, this is Jin hyung, the CEO of Extravaganza and my best friend." Taehyung says, introducing the two males, hoping to reduce some tension in his office.

The idol approaches the CEO and extends his hand for a handshake, "It's nice to meet you."

Seokjin scans his face as he shakes hands with him, "I wish I could say the same."

Taehyung's eyes widen at his best friend's words. Jungkook looks surprised too. He didn't expect the other to say something like that to him.

"Hyung! Be nice." Taehyung whisper-yells at the CEO.

"Well, it's not like he deserves the nice treatment." Seokjin whispers back in a 'matter of fact' tone.

It would be a lie if Seokjin thought that Jungkook didn't hear him because he clearly did. The downward fall of his lips indicate that.

Taehyung clears his throat, glaring at his best friend to stop him from saying anything mean to his husband because he doesn't want to create a scene here.

Seokjin just rolls his eyes while Jungkook decides that he should probably leave and give the two best friends some privacy. "I'll go then, Taehyung. You have a good time with Mr. Kim." He awkwardly says.

The younger is about to agree but it seems like his best friend has some different plans when he says, "No! Let's all go and have dinner together. I'm hungry and I'm sure you both are as well. It's on me."

Taehyung's eyes widen at the suggestion. This is the worst idea Seokjin ever came up with. "Hyung, I don't think that's a good idea---" Taehyung tries to protest but Jungkook interrupts him, "It's okay, Tae. I think we should have a meal together. I would love to get to know your best friend. Also--- who says no to free food?"

Seokjin's eyebrows raise in surprise when he sees the idol smiling. He didn't expect this from Jeon Jungkook. He doesn't expect anything from him at all after all that he has done to hurt his best friend.

"Oh, I would love to get to know you too, Jeon Jungkook." The CEO smirks. Taehyung doesn't know what games the two of them are playing but he hopes that nothing goes wrong. He doesn't have the energy or patience to deal with a fight at the end of a tiring day.

"Let's go then." Jungkook says and turns towards Taehyung. He gently holds his hand, intertwining their fingers together to not only annoy the older male but to also show his affection to his husband. Even though he doesn't know Seokjin, he knows that he is one of the few people who know about him and Taehyung so he won't be surprised.