Twenty Six

"Because Taehyung is already married."

After Jungkook's that one sentence, both Yoongi and Taehyung stare at him with wide eyes, mouth agape. Both of them can't believe what the idol just said.

Taehyung's thudding heart makes him so anxious, so does Yoongi's silence. Why would Jungkook say that he's married? Wasn't he the one who didn't want their relationship to be public? And it's understandable why he wanted that but--- why would he say that to Yoongi?

A hundred questions swarm the stylist's mind but he can't bring himself to speak right now, knowing that he would say something rubbish in a state of panic.

"What nonsense, Kook?" Yoongi breaks the long silence.

Jungkook raises his eyebrows in amusement, "It's funny how the truth sounds nonsense to you, hyung."

Yoongi is not the one who loses his cool easily. He is a very patient man. But these days, Jungkook pisses him off. He feels sad about it not just because they are teammates, but also because he has known Jungkook for seven years (six years since debut and one year of training). He considers him his brother. It saddens him that they are being so distant because of a man. But Yoongi knows that it's hard for him to control his feelings for the stylist, maybe it's the same case with Jungkook.

And so Yoongi feels like the younger idol is lying to him about Taehyung being married. "Oh, yeah? If that's true then--- why don't I see a wedding ring on his finger?" The rapper points out.

Jungkook looks at his husband's fingers. They are as empty as his own and although it saddens him, he knows that he brought it upon himself. Well, he never told Taehyung to not wear the wedding ring. He wore it during the initial years of his marriage but thought that removing it would be a better idea when he started working for BTS as their stylist.

Yoongi looks at the stylist, patiently waiting for his answer. Taehyung still has no idea what to say. He looks at his husband helplessly and Jungkook thinks that maybe he shouldn't have said all that. But it wasn't easy for him to continuously see Yoongi flirting with his husband and Taehyung being dense about it.

At the lack of response, the rapper softly asks, "Are you--- are you really married, Taehyung?"

At this moment, Taehyung has a lot going on in his mind. What if people find out and harass him? What if he gets hated on by Jungkook's fans? What if he gets kicked out from the company? He doesn't think he can handle becoming unemployed now, not when he worked his ass off to get where he is today.

"Taehyung, please say something." Yoongi desperately says.

Jungkook looks at Taehyung and sighs. He knows that his husband is feeling a spiral of emotions and probably won't be able to reply sensibly. So he takes it upon himself to reply to Yoongi, "Hyung, Taehyung is married. Maybe he is scared of admitting it right now. Maybe he didn't want me to--- to tell you." He says the last statement looking at the younger because that's something he definitely didn't expect.

"But I'm not lying, hyung. Trust me." Jungkook shifts his attention back to the older. Yoongi won't lie, he is hurt. The fact that Jungkook knows this detail and he doesn't, bothers him. He really thought he was close to the stylist. He told him a lot about himself but Taehyung didn't bother telling him such an important thing makes him upset.

"H-How do you know?" Yoongi asks the younger idol.

Jungkook bites his lips. Fuck! Now what is he going to tell him? He says the first thing that comes to his mind, "I saw him--- with his husband a few days ago."

Taehyung's eyes slightly raise at his lie but he also knows that it is the most believable lie Jungkook could tell.

To make Yoongi believe it, the idol further says, "His husband came to pick him up from work."