Twenty Nine

When did it happen? Taehyung doesn't know. He doesn't remember. All he remembers is putting on his comfy pajamas and going to bed with a content smile on his face because he was so happy with his work.

What he doesn't remember is how he ended up in the passenger seat of his husband's car in the middle of the night.

Taehyung takes a minute to realise that he is actually in a car, still wearing his pajamas at half past one.

He yelps in surprise when he looks to his right side, seeing his husband drive the car, looking as handsome as ever.

But Taehyung doesn't let that distract him. He diverts his eyes from the older's tattooed hand because Jungkook's fully exposed arm while he is wearing a short sleeved t-shirt is quite distracting for him. It almost makes him drool. He can't afford that right now.

"Where the heck are you taking me in the middle of the night, Jeon Jungkook?" Taehyung demands, his voice loud that visibly startles the idol.

But Jungkook realises quite soon that it's his angry husband who appears quite cute with his arms crossed across his chest and eyebrows raised questioningly.

"Oh, Tae, you're up!" He exclaims as if everything is okay--- as if everything is normal, which includes taking him somewhere in the middle of the night in his fucking pajamas!

"Why did you kidnap me, Jungkook? Where are we even going?" Taehyung asks. Nothing makes sense. When he looks out, he sees that theirs is the only car on the road and on both the sides are trees. They're so dense that the moonlight only slightly seeps through them.

Jungkook takes a minute or so to frame his answer, "Well, you declined when I asked you to go on a date with me. Now, Jeon Taehyung, Jeon Jungkook hasn't ever been rejected. So I decided that we indeed need to go on a date. Here we are!"

The older casually shrugs. Taehyung raises his eyebrow slightly at the utter nonsense his husband just spew. "Seriously? So you thought it would be great to kidnap me in my fucking pajamas, Jungkook?" He exclaims.

"Well, what's wrong with the pajamas? You look so cute in them." The other male compliments him without any hesitation. Blush creeps on his face when he hears that.

Jungkook smirks, he loves the affect he has on the younger. When Taehyung spots him smirking, he quickly composes himself.

"D-Don't deviate from the topic, hyung. Where are you taking m-me?" The younger stutters out.

"Hmm... it's a surprise. Just wait for a little longer, gorgeous." Jungkook says, making Taehyung's heart flutter once more.

If you asked Taehyung a few months ago if he believed he would live such a life with his husband, his answer would be no.

Never in a million years did he think that Jungkook would change. He never thought the idol could be selfless.

But now, Jungkook has proven him wrong. He has been the best husband to him. That's what he has always wanted since the time he got married. Sometimes when he thinks about how his life changed in such a small amount of time, he feels like all of this is too good to be true. But just when his life has become slightly better, he doesn't want the negativity to consume him again.

"Jungkook?" He whispers, trying his best to keep the negative thoughts away. Taehyung doesn't want to have them. He hates pessimism. He is a rather optimistic person. But life has played a tough game with him in the past and it made him have trust issues.

"Yes, gorgeous?" Even though he just had some negative thoughts right now, Jungkook's soft whisper and that nickname makes all the bad thoughts fly out of the window.