03 party guessed

Violins play a melodic tune from below the balcony. Evanora finds herself, once again, looking down on the people below her. She and Kol stand side by side, not saying much.

"Is that the mayor?" He asks with a smirk. A lady stands alongside Damon Salvatore. Rebekah had told her about both Salvatore brothers on the car ride home. "Why, I think it is. Shall we?" They both walk down the stairs, causing people to stare at them.

While Kol is dressed in a fine tailored suit, Evanora is dressed in a beautiful black dress. It flows past her feet and has a deep neckline. The material has some sparkles that flicker with the light. Her hair is tied back in a bun that sits at the nape of her neck.

The twins approach the Mayor with matching grins. "Mayor Lockwood. We haven't formally met. Kol Mikaelson." Kol places a gentle kiss on her knuckles. "Evanora Mikaelson," The girl slightly curtsies while Carol awkwardly curtsies back.

"I hope your lovely town embraces us just as much as we plan to embrace it." The mayor hums softly while Damon immediately cuts into the conversation. "Damon Salvatore." He holds his hand to Evanora who stares at it curiously.

She wants to embarrass him.

Damon awkwardly puts his hand back to his side and looks at Kol with a knowing smile. "Have we met?" "I've met a lot of people, and you don't particularly stand out." Both Mikaelson twins walk away to introduce themselves to other guests.

"Did you curtsy just to throw the mayor off guard?" He asks as he grabs two champagne flutes from a serving tray, handing her one as well as one for himself. "Possibly," the girl smirks and stops to turn to her twin. "Do you think this ball is for something different?"

"What do you mean?" Kol asks with furrowed brows. Evanora sighs and shifts her weight on her other leg. "I mean, this seems a tad bit strange considering everything we have done. Mother comes back and immediately forgives us? Especially Nik?" He shrugs while she taps her finger against the glass.

Her gaze is taken from her twin and onto the doppelgänger who entered the house. She's seen better.

"I do not know, Eva. Maybe she's going to forgive us?" Evanora turns back to her brother and shrugs once more. "Uh, if everyone could gather, please." Elijah's calls over the chatter, both twins knowing they are to be up the stairs with their siblings.

Evanora walks briskly through the crowd of people, picking up her dress that way she would not fall. She follows Kol up the steps and stands next to him. Shoulders relaxed and posture perfect.

"Welcome. Thank you for joining us. You know, whenever my mother brings our family together like this, it's tradition for us to commence the evening with a dance."

Esther Mikaelson joins her children on the steps. She pats her daughter's arm lightly and gives her a gentle smile. Something seems off to the girl. All though there is her mother's loving smile, there is something hidden in her eyes.

Evanora shakes the thought from her head and looks down at the people below her. "Tonight's pick is a centuries-old waltz. So if all of you could please find yourselves a partner, please join us in the ballroom." The girl pouts slightly as she walks down the stairs.

"What's with the face?" Kol asks as they both round the corner to the ballroom. "I have to find someone to dance with." She eyes the crowd and sighs, "None of them look appealing."

Kol laughs and shakes his head. "Well, if you get tiresome of the people here, I'm sure one of us will dance with you." Evanora nods once before walking off in the other room to find a dance partner.

She walks over to the youngest Salvatore brother who wears a gloomy expression. "Let me guess, your brother has won the heart of your girl?" He turns at the voice of a British accent to see Evanora Mikaelson. She is pretty, but she's not Elena, he thinks.