20 house of the rising son

The Mikaelson sisters sit in rocking chairs on the back porch of the mansion. Both had just been told of Klaus bartering Elijah off to Marcel for a truce. Like the Mikaelson was nothing but a mere piece of paper being traded off.

Evanora rocks herself back forth and watches the lightning bugs across the yard. They flicker gold and contrast beautifully with the dark sky. Cicadas chirp loudly and are the only thing heard for the two sisters.

Hayley joins the two sisters and sits in a rocking chair beside the brunette vampire, who now is in the middle. "I know you two don't know me very well, but thanks. I appreciate what you did in there." She smiles at the two sisters who had stood up to their brother.

He had been angry when the werewolf informed him of her attempt to rid the baby. Evanora had sped over and pinned him against the wall, while Rebekah yelled at him.

"Us girls have got to look out for each other." The blonde smiles faintly. "Who would if we didn't?" Her sister adds on and looks down at her hands. "What is it with you all? You say you hate each other, but the way you deal with each other, it's so clear. Even when you all hate each other, you still love one another."

The Mikaelsons confuse Hayley tremendously.

"I guess when you spend a thousand years with someone, deciding to quit them is like losing a part of yourself. But sometimes, that hate is just so powerful."

Evanora nods at her sister's comment before looking at the brown eyed werewolf. "It is better to feel something for them, no matter if it be hate or love, than nothing at all."

"Emil wasn't the only boyfriend of mine that Klaus killed. He did it again and again, every time I found someone to care about. He just kept doing it until finally I stopped falling in love." Rebekah wraps her arms around herself and sadly looks at Hayley who remains silent.

"He killed my first love, Jordin. Ripped his heart out right in front of me."

Both sisters have lost so much at the hands of their brother.

"He said he was protecting me from my mistakes, that no one was ever good enough for his little sisters..."

•••••

The fire takes the castle into its clutches. It swallows the kingdom one by one until there will be nothing left by day break. Screams of pain echo through the land and Evanora shudders, clutching tighter to the hand who drags her through the crowd.

Mikael had found the siblings once again. This time, he decided to burn the place they resided to the ground. He doesn't care if it is a kingdom full of thousands of people. He only wants to rid the world of the one bastard child his wife had. The one child who murdered his wife.

"My love, we must hurry." Prince Jordin begs and they begin to run faster. His shoulder length black hair brushes behind his face with the wind. Evanora's blonde hair does the same as the jump over a pile of rubble. His warm ivory skin is faded orange with the flickering of the fire. She looks down to see her navy dress covered in soot. The regal couple now tarnished as the kingdom.

They must reach the edge of the kingdom. That's where her siblings agreed to meet if anything went wrong.

Their plan was simple. Pose as children of a wealthy kingdom and blend in amongst the humans. Albeit, none of them expected the King to announce that Evanora and Jordin would be wed by autumn. And none of them expected her to fall for the Prince.

His charismatic charming ways wooed her, while her dangerous demeanor drew him in. They couldn't get enough of each other.

Even Kol likes the Prince.