04 all my children

The next morning Evanora is woken up by Kol pounding on her door. As soon as she opens the door, he speeds over to her bed and sits comfortably.

She wipes the sleep from her eyes and glares at her twin. He has always been the morning bird of the two. He is her own personal alarm clock. When the sun comes up, Kol Mikaelson is sure to be up.

"Come on in," She sarcastically waves her hands to her bed and walks over to him lazily. She pushes him off the bed and he falls with a thump. "Eva, you wound me." Kol taunts as she gets back in the bed.

He sighs and stands up, eyeing his twin carefully. She has pulled the duvet up to her nose and has her eyes shut firmly. He crouches down and rests his arms against the mattress. "What if I told you a certain someone never came home last night." Evanora's eye slowly opens and she rolls over with a groan.

"I have no interest in Niklaus' sex life, Kol." She continues to stare at the ceiling until she hears the sound of the mattress creaking as well as the floorboard. "Well, Nik is downstairs. All of our brothers are accounted for. A certain sister is not here..."

Her eyes flick to the doorframe where she sees Kol standing with a proud smirk. "I'll be down in a minute." He shuts her door and leaves her to her business.

It doesn't take her long to shower and dress herself. She makes the quick decision to attempt a different outfit style. When Rebekah took her shopping after they went to the Mystic Grill, she discovered that women wear trousers now. Although they call them 'jeans'.

She had scoffed and remembered the time when the two sisters were frowned upon for their outfit choices.

The pair of jeans are tight around her thighs, Rebekah told her that this is the style these days. It creates an uncomfortable feeling in her that she attempts to shake as she places a simple gray t-shirt on. She grabs a pair of tennis shoes and socks to put on.

Kol stands outside her door, waiting for her to come out. Once the door creaks open, he jumps out at her. She tilts her chin down and raises her eyebrows unimpressed. "I knew you were out here, Kol. Why do you attempt to scare me when I know you are there?" They both walk down the hallway together. Her hands move as she talks, while his hands are clasped together behind his back.

"Because I'm waiting for the one day where I will scare you."

He enters the parlor first while she follows after him. Klaus sits on the sofa drawing, only to look up at his sibling's entrance.

"I see Kol managed to wake you, sister." He teases and she rolls her eyes. "Bugger off Nik," Evanora sighs and sinks into the sofa across from the brother who snickers. Kol waits at the door frame while listening for the youngest to arrive.

She looks up at the ceiling and plays absentmindedly with the ends of her hair. Something just doesn't feel right with her. Perhaps it could be the unusualness of having all of her siblings awake and together? Or it could be that her mother is awake after all these years?

"Eva! Get over here!" Kol whispers and she walks over to her brother. The door clicks open and in walks Rebekah wearing her dress from the ball. Her sister snickers at the state of her appearance. "Well, well, well. There's our girl."

Both twins block her from moving forward, causing her to huff in annoyance. "Get out of my way." She all but snarls at the two who smile innocently. "Out all night. What a scandal." Kol teases and Klaus holds back his laughter as he continues to sketch.

"I trust you did better than that commoner. Matt, was it?" He tilts his head and Evanora shakes hers. "No, I am certain it was Chad. Or maybe Rat. His name is forgettable." Evanora shrugs and looks at her sister who frowns. "If the two of you don't shut your mouth, the next thing to come out of it will be your teeth."