50 woman behind the curtain

Evanora Mikaelson is no stranger to torture. It is one of her favorite ways to inflict pain onto her victims. It brings her much joy to be the one wrapping Genevieve's wrists tightly in chains. A small punishment from the Original Twin herself. She is aware that the New Orleans ancestors will be coming for the flame haired witch. Not that her death is enough.

She steps back and looks over to her brother and Hayley. The brunette werewolf glares holes into the witch before her. "Why?" Is all she asks. A simple question for the most disturbing event Evanora has seen her entire life.

"The ancestors left me no choice." Genevieve starts but is cut off by Hayley. "You were willing to sacrifice an innocent baby for more power." The blonde bites her tongue to hold in words she knows that wouldn't get her anywhere.

She huffs and crosses her arms, her black jacket rustles at the movement. "Oh, not just power. It was the ancestors' decree. It was her decree." This makes the three raise their eyebrows in confusion.

Elijah quickly wraps his hand around the witch's throat in anger. "It was whose decree?" He snarls and a cunning smile etches onto Genevieve's face. "I'm surprised you have to ask. After all, you were the one who convinced your siblings to consecrate her in New Orleans soil."

Evanora gasps and grinds her teeth together.

"Esther," Hayley mutters and Elijah lets go of the witch's throat. "So not even death can stop our mother from seeking the annihilation of her own flesh and blood." He looks towards Evanora who nods. "I'm not surprised, if we are being honest. If mother was willing to kill Finn for our deaths, I doubt death would stop her from attempting again." She groans and taps her foot impatiently.

"This isn't the end. As long as that child lives, the witches of New Orleans will never stop coming for it. Esther will never stop coming for it. It has been decreed. Your baby will be consecrated among her ancestors. She will not live."

"You're not her ancestor, you bloody wench." Evanora snarls and then her lips draw into a smirk. Blood pours from her eyes and streams down her face. Crimson tears flow as she wails about her failure to the witches. "Please. Understand, I just wanted to live. Tell Klaus... I'm sorry." Genevieve begs and begins to cough blood up.

Evanora crinkles her nose in disgust and groans at the sight. The witch gasps for air and irritation pricks her mind as she continues. But she is cut off by the very blade that Genevieve held that hour ago being pushed into her stomach. Hayley twists the knife and pushes it up and the witch gasps in pain.

"I'm not," Hayley whispers into her ear. She turns around and doesn't spare a glance to both Mikaelsons as she leaves the tomb. Death takes Genevieve quickly while Elijah and Evanora both look at each other.

Regret dances in Elijah's eyes at knowing that his convincing led to this. That the blood he asked for from his siblings caused his niece to be placed upon a sacrificial altar.

The blonde sister steps forward and places a gentle hand on his arm. "This is not your fault, brother. You had no idea that mother would do such a thing to our niece."

"But I should have known..."

•••••

"We should have felt our mother's hand in this. We should have known she would not be bound by anything as obvious as death, and now she has control of the witches. They will never stop." Klaus, Elijah, and Evanora sit across from each other on wooden chairs.

They whisper as Hayley rocks her baby gently in the next room over.

"Nor would I expect the Guerrera wolves to back down. Hayley and the child are wolf royalty, and as such, they are a threat to Francesca's claim to leadership. They will never be safe." Klaus panicked tone causes Evanora to furrow her brows together.