53 bite your tongue

Evanora Mikaelson is plenty of things.

She is quick tempered, protective, snarky, but definitely not patient. The blonde vampire could bind a book of things she is to pretend to be, according to her brother.

A grieving aunt, wounded Mikaelson, traumatized sister. Chalk it up to what you will, but she is to play a role she is not. Sure, she is sad about not being able to meet her niece. She is sad that this is the life that poor girl has to live. But she isn't grieving something that is still alive.

Nor is she trying to appear weak.

She had been instructed by Klaus to help Elijah find the twelve rings that the Guerrera wolves wear. The rings that drain him of his power every full moon. It was enlightening to hear that she will be able to be apart of retrieving said rings.

'No matter how you do it, just get them back when the time is right.' Is what Klaus told her over tea the day after her birthday.

A thousand ways to torture those wolves have crossed her mind over the course of two months. Crushing fingers with the end of her high heels is the main contender.

As much as she wishes, she does know that the life of Francesca's will not be hers to take. She was not as affected by the woman's cunning work like her brother was. So, that is not someone for her to kill.

And as much as she wishes, she has to wait before she can remove the rings from the wolves.

Now, she stands outside of Marcel Gerard's apartment. He didn't show to her party, although she did receive a text from him that night. She hasn't seen him since the night that she left town.

She has changed physically, some, but not much. Her hair has grown from the short bob she cut it to, it now barely touches her shoulder blades. Her eyes are no longer heavy with sadness, a certain sparkle has returned in its place.

Evanora Mikaelson looks happy.

And she definitely wants to stay that way.

She picks at the side of her blue cotton dress while she knocks. Three loud bangs echo through the metal door, shaking the building slightly. She purses her lips and questions how hard did she exactly knock?

"Who is it?" Marcel calls out as he looks over to Klaus who shrugs.

They weren't expecting anyone.

"The pizza man, I hope you're the babysitter," She yells and bites her lip from laughing at her own joke. The hybrid rolls his eyes and shrinks into his cushioned chair. He drags a hand over his eyes as Marcel lets the blonde inside the apartment.

"Nora, pleased to have you here, as always." The younger vampire extends both hands to his side, then clasps them together. She shrugs with a cheeky smile and tilts her head to the side as he opens his mouth. "How exactly do you know where I live now?"

Klaus shrinks even further into the chair and covers both hands over his face. He did tell her where Marcel is now staying, but he never imagined she would show up here.

"Oh, a whisper in the wind I might've been told. Don't know who it could be." She just raises her shoulders and smiles brightly at Marcel. He rolls his eyes and shakes his head, motioning for her to enter.

She strides forward, white tennis shoes slapping the cemented flooring. To her right, she sees her brother hunched into the chair with his hands on his face. The game of 'go' sits before him and she chuckles in amusement.

"You're losing, Nik. He's going to beat you."

"Bollocks, you sit down or leave," He hisses and leans forward to check the game. He is in fact losing, but he will not let Evanora have the satisfaction of knowing.