96. candid

Plot: Vinnie loves taking pictures of you
———————————————————————————

I squeezed my eyes shut and buried my head in the soft pillow but then looked up as I felt movement near the edge of the bed.

Vinnie with his phone pointed at me.

This was the third morning in a row that he has been taking pictures of me early in the morning. I bit back a smile. If I didn't like him so much, I would have found his behavior creepy.

"Vin?"

"Stay just like that." He smiled and pat my leg as it was under the covers. "Wait, maybe I'll open the blinds and let some light in-"

"Oh yeah, that's a great idea for someone who just woke up." I mumbled.

"Don't be mad."

"Don't be weird."

I sat up and stretched and Vinnie got up and went to the window.

"You better not open those. I'm not posing for you while the sun is blinding me."

"You don't pose for me in general."

If he wasn't so cute, I could have flipped him off. He stood there with no shirt and I admired his tattoos. My eyes probably lingered for too long.

And just like I expected, he came back over and laid right next to me. I was still under the covers and he was on top of them. He rested an arm around my torso and put his head in the crook of my neck.

I groaned upon having his weight on me all at once but once I adjusted and got comfortable, I put a hand on his back and my new nails scratched his back and traced his tattoo.

"I'm giving you too much content." I told him.

Vinnie laughed. "You're just so pretty." He replied. "And keep scratching. It feels good."

****

Later that day as I was making some food, Vinnie sat behind me on a stool at the island and I heard some weird noises coming from that direction. I turn, and there he is with his Polaroid facing me with a picture being printed out.

"You've got to me kidding me."

He gave a cheeky grin. "What?"

"That device in your hands. See, when you have your phone, you can act slick and play it off, but come on."

"Babe," he sighed and stood up to walk over to you. "It's not that big of a deal."

"Just...not now." You shrugged.

"You say that like every time."

Obviously I wasn't really mad at him for taking them. In fact, I liked that he enjoyed capturing a moment without it being set up and the photos being tainted in filters like my friends be doing.

It's just that, these days I've been feeling insecure. It happens. And it made me more self conscious and I didn't want my picture taken when I wasn't aware. But I knew that deep down, Vinnie doesn't care.

Vinnie gave me a kiss on the cheek, meaning that he meant well.

"Hey, I have a better idea." He said. "Why don't I take videos instead."

"You're literally so annoying."