10 | the girl who couldn't forget

"The hell I do!" Layla sniggers. "You guys have got it all wrong."

"So what, the power just decided to skip you?" Liam Matthews asks. "It's possible that the magic could pass a generation, maybe it isn't in your DNA? But that would be highly unlikely, and certainly rare."

"Exactly that. You seem like the smart one of the group." Layla says, sending him a smile. But when her gaze meets Mattheo's once again, her face drops.

"She's lying." He scoffs. Standing up straight and rubbing his face in anger. "Dylan, get the fucking Veritaserum."

"Fuck." Layla mutters under her breath, but Mattheo notices.

"What? Scared that the truth is going to come out princess?"

"No. I'm just sooo excited to be drugged by a bunch of rebel looking ass teenagers who I know fuck all about."

"Give it to her." Mattheo orders, as soon as Dylan returns with a bottle of liquid in his hand.

He approaches the girl and cracks his neck and hands. "Here goes nothing." He sighs before holding her jaw open and spilling the liquid into her mouth. Layla gags as the liquid goes down her throat, any attempt to spit it out failing.

"Now, let's get down to business." Mattheo says.

"Wait, ask her which one of us she thinks is the hottest, just to check if it's working." Enzo says suddenly and Theodore slaps him at the back of his head. "What? It's a good idea!"

"Yes, it's a good idea. Ask her." Theodore agrees.

"You too Theo?" Dylan sighs. "Nah, but seriously though, you should ask her." He agrees.

"The fuck? I'm not asking her that." Mattheo refuses.

"Fine, I will." Enzo says, rolling up his sleeves and approaching her.

"Hurry this up will you? We have to go before people notice we're gone." Draco says.

"Shush. Anyways, hey sweetheart, I have a question." Enzo says to the girl, leaning down slightly. "Which one of us do you think is the hottest?"

Layla scoffs. "Oh my." She sighs. "Lorenzo." She blurts out.

"Woohoo! Get in!" Lorenzo celebrates.

"Mattheo clearly it isn't fucking working, Enzo is by far not the hottest. The serum didn't work we're going to have to try something else." Theodore protests.

"Yeah, it's one hundred per cent not working." Dylan sniggers.

"The fuck? She is telling the truth. I am definitely the hottest." Enzo replies angrily.

"Ok can you shut the fuck up now?" Mattheo says, clearly agitated. "Lopez. Answer honestly, you have no other choice. Do you possess the magic of Mutantur Materia, passed through your family bloodline?"

"What is Mutantur Materia anyway?" Enzo asks, scratching head clueless.

"Enzo, now's not the time." Theodore nudges him.

"Mutantur Materia is also known as materiokinesis. The ability to manipulate matter, and change it into whatever the power holder wishes." Liam Matthews explains.

"You're certainly right, clever boy." Layla scoffs.

"Now answer the fucking question!" Mattheo yells. "Do you or do you not possess these powers!?"

Everyone stands there in silence, waiting for a response. Layla closes her eyes and takes a deep breath.

"No. I don't."

Mattheo's face drops and he throws a knife straight at her, but it only skims past her ear and hits the wall behind her.

"Mattheo-" Theodore says, but he's cut off when Mattheo storms out of the room in anger.

"The fuck do we do now?" Enzo asks.

"We have to obliviate her. Make her forget that this ever happened." Blaise says, standing up straight and walking towards her, with his wand held out.

But Blaise hesitates.

"You can't do it? Can you?" Layla says, tilting her head and glaring at Blaise.

"Obliviate!" He suddenly shouts as the spell hits Layla.

After that... everything goes black.

***

The next day, Layla opens her lazy eyes to find herself laying in her bed. She blinks a few times and sighs, staring at the ceiling as she recalls what happened last night.

Those group of boys. Blaise, Draco, Enzo, Theodore, Dylan, Liam and... him.

Mattheo.

She still can't figure out what they want from her - but her guesses are, her powers, and the truth of her parents death, the mystery that left the wizarding world mind boggled.

However, little did they know that the Veritaserum had no effect on her. A split second before it entered her mouth, Layla used her powers to change the serum into juice. So, the truth serum didn't work.

Then... Blaise obliviated her. But yet again... that had no effect either. Layla is immune to the obliviate spell.

It's been used on her multiple times, the caster being one of parents, trying to wipe her memories after she caught them doing something dodgy. But they used it too much, and after that, she stopped forgetting.

Although, the question remains. What shall she do about this whole situation? Shall she tell someone? Or wait until she's got further intel?

Layla figured she waits, having a gut feeling that Mattheo knows more than he should...

Layla quickly hops out of bed and looks around her dorm, noticing Pansy not in her bed... woah. Maybe she... Draco? No. She couldn't have!

She sighs and rapidly gets ready for school, heading down to the common room to find a bunch of tired students who didn't get enough sleep dragging themselves to the Great Hall.

"Yeah, McGonagall has called for another emergency assembly." Layla hears a student say as she makes her way along the corridors, bumping into Luna and Astoria on the way.

"Luna, Astoria! Hey I've been meaning to talk to you guys!"

"What, about how you left me at the ball and ran off?" Astoria says through gritted teeth.

"I promise I have a good excuse! I'll tell you later though, the assembly is about to start. I'm so sorry Astoria, you too Luna."

"Whatever." Astoria scoffs and Layla feels a sudden rush of immense guilt.

But it wasn't her fault - she got abducted! But Layla was very conflicted on what she should do about the situation... what would be best to keep her secrets safe?

The whole school takes their seats, barely anyone speaking as the fatigue takes over them. Half of the students have their heads down and are already fast asleep on the tables.

"Thank you all for being here! Now, I have a very unexpected announcement to make."