40 | henry spector

"What? What are you guys on about? This Henry Spector can't be your father, Mattheo. He's dead." Enzo says stupidly.

"No you dumbass. We just mean that this Henry Spector, whoever he is, is just extremely feared by witches and wizards of The Order. Everyone knows his name, but most don't know what he looks like. As well as that..." Liam explains, and pauses for a second. "No one is allowed to speak his name outside of this building."

"So he's the new 'You-Know-Who'. I get it now." Enzo says and we all sigh.

The boys continue talking about their next plans, but Layla's eyes land on someone upstairs, and her heart drops. The boys' voices trail away and everything is silenced as she focuses on the man walking past...

No way... I recognise him... but I can't make out where from. I feel... I feel like I've seen him before. The scar across his eye... his dark menacing eyes... fuck, I know him. I need to talk to him.

Layla instantly gets up from her seat and she starts heading towards the man she caught sight of. Mattheo gets up and begins to follow her, calling out her name among the loud music playing and crowds of people chattering away.

Layla continues to make her way up the stairs, and the man looks back at her, pacing away even faster. Layla rushes up to him and spins the man around, her eyes meeting his.

"Who, are you?"

"Guards." He says, and with a flick of his hand, a group of wizards with their wands at the ready, begin to chase Layla.

"LAYLA!" Mattheo exclaims, grabbing onto her hand and running away from the group of wizards. "What are you doing!?"

"That was him! That was Spector!" Layla shouts over the noise, pointing at the man walking away upstairs on the balcony.

"Guys! We got a problem here!" Mattheo says through his ear piece and the boys get their wands at the ready, beginning the fight with the wizards chasing down Layla and Mattheo.

"Wait here." Mattheo says, leaving Layla and chasing down Henry Spector.

Layla watches as he runs up the other set of stairs on the other side of the hall, casting a spell at Spector who's getting away.

The spell is instantly deflected and Mattheo stumbles backwards.

"MATTHEO!" Layla exclaims, chasing after him as the boys continue the fight with the guards.

Everyone at the party begins screaming and start running out of the hall, pushing past Layla before she could get to Mattheo.

She catches sight of him, getting his knife out swiftly and throwing it at Spector.

"Fuck, fuck, fuck!" Layla exclaims, holding her dress up and running up the stairs in her heels, when suddenly a guard stops her in her tracks.

"Hey there beautiful." He laughs, before grabbing her by her waist and holding his wand to her head.

"MATTHEO!" She screams, and Riddle catches sight of the danger that she's in, if he goes to save her now, Spector would be gone.

But if he chooses to continue his brutal fight with him, Layla would be dead.

Without hesitation, he grabs his knife and stabs it into the neck of the guard, his blood splattering everywhere and blending into Layla's crimson dress.

"We have to retreat. Now!" Mattheo says, grabbing onto Layla's hand.

"What about Spector!?" Layla says, looking back but he's not there.

"He's gone. We have to go!"

"Mattheo! Look! He's not gone, he's over there with the boys!"

"What!?" He exclaims and the two of them catch sight of Henry Spector, holding his hand out to the boys, and suddenly he shoots a spell, a flash of green light coming out of his hands.

Mattheo and Layla sprint their way over and Layla conjures up a shard in her hand, instantly throwing it towards Henry, followed by a fireball that he instantly deflects. Before she could cast another spell with her powers, he disappears in an instant.

"Guys!" Enzo screams, and we all look over to find Enzo on the floor, holding Liam in his arms. "It's Liam!"

They all look over, to find Liam laying there unconscious.

"The port key! Draco, give it to me!" Mattheo orders and he gets it out, everyone holding onto it in an instant, transporting them all back to the base in the Forbidden Forest.

They all hold onto Liam, hurriedly taking him into the building and laying him on a table. They all start to panic and Blaise checks for his pulse.

"Oh my god, oh my god, oh my god!" Enzo panics.

Mattheo paces back and forth, running his hands through his hair.

"Is he okay!?" Dylan asks.

"He's alive." Blaise looks up at them. "Nott give me that vial from my satchel! Now!"

Theodore passes him the vial with purple liquid inside, and Blaise quickly opens it, pouring it into Liam's mouth.

"Fuck, I don't know if this is going to work." Blaise shakily says, and Layla holds onto Liam's hand tightly, tears rolling down her cheek.

"I'm sorry Liam." She whispers, looking down.

"Oh for fucks sake! Why the fuck is this bitch still alive!?" Draco exclaims, pointing at Layla. "If she wasn't there, Liam wouldn't have fucking got hurt! Why haven't we killed her yet Riddle!? Do you guys not bloody remember? Her fucking family are the ones who killed all of your parents! Don't you remember that!?"

"That's enough Malfoy!" Mattheo shouts, throwing a punch directly at Draco, making him instantly tumble to the ground. "Open your fucking mouth again. I dare you." He spits, tilting his head as he looks down at him.

"Is it working?" Theodore asks, and the boys' attention is drawn back to Liam, laying on the table.

Suddenly, he shoots up out of his seat, gasping for air as he screams in pain.

They all start to panic and Blaise holds onto him.

"It's okay Liam! You're safe brother! You're safe!" Blaise shouts.

"My- my- stomach! It hurts Blaise, it fucking hurts!" He screams, and lies back down onto the table.

Blaise takes a deep breath, and slowly lifts up Liam's shirt.