90 | your beautiful heart

Author's POV

The moonlight shines upon the Black Lake, which sits just outside of Hogwarts, glimmering and sparkling, making Mother Nature look as beautiful as ever before.

Mattheo holds onto Layla's hand, walking towards the lake peacefully in the night, everything silent, apart from the sound of owl's hooting. It was beautiful. Like a scene from a movie.

The stars twinkle in the night sky as Mattheo sits down on the grass by the lake, Layla doing the same. They look out onto the lake, and Layla takes a breath.

"It's beautiful." She says in wonder.

Mattheo turns to look at her.

"It really is." He smiles as she notices him watching.

"Don't look at me like that." She says, nudging him slightly as he chuckles.

"Don't act as if you don't like it Lopez."

"Back to surname only basis Riddle?" Layla raises a brow.

He holds her chin and turns her head to look at him. Taking hold of her cheek, he leans in closer.

"You'll be taking my surname one day." He whispers lowly.

"What makes you think that?"

"I don't think, I know. I've known since the moment I met you. Since the moment you told me your name." He chuckles and begins to mock her. "'Layla Lopez, nice to fucking meet you.'"

"Hey!" She giggles. "You remember."

"Of course I do." He says, throwing a pebble across the lake.

"And I remember you were kinky. Even at our first meeting." She raises a brow.

"No I was not."

"Uh yeah you were. Firstly, I strongly believe that it was your idea to tie me up to a chair."

"I-"

"And then when you held your knife against my throat."

"Again, don't act as if you didn't like it. I know what turns you on Layla." He smirks, taking a glance at her up and down.

"I hate you."

"I love you."

...

She pauses, her eyes widened as she turns to face the boy.

"I really do Layla. I have for a while, and when he took you I hated myself. I regretted not saying those words to you before you got taken. I regretted not telling you how I felt sooner. And I know I'm not that great at expressing my feelings or whatever, and it's fine if you don't feel the same-"

She crashes her lips onto his, holding onto his face as she deepens the kiss. Mattheo's body relaxes in relief, and the moonlight shines down upon the two lovers as they share their long awaited kiss.

They part, and Layla presses her forehead against his, biting her lip as she smiles.

"I love you Mattheo Riddle." She says and he lets out a breath of relief.

"Thank fuck for that." He sighs, and she presses a palm against his chest.

"Your heart is racing."

"You just told me you love me. You can't blame me." He shrugs, and presses his lips onto hers once more.

He pushes her down and she lays on the grass, he hovers above her, as they deepen the kiss even more.

He parts and looks down at her. Layla catches the sight of the twinkling stars in the night sky behind him and Mattheo looking at her in the centre of it all. His smile makes her heart race faster, her cheeks turning red as she locks eyes with his sparkling ones.

"Your eyes match the stars." Layla whispers.

"And you're blushing."

"I am not." She laughs, covering her face.

"Don't hide your face."

"Why not?"

"Because you're beautiful, and I want to embrace your beauty and your beautiful heart every chance I get." He replies smoothly, and she's lost for words.

This boy.

He has my heart.

***

Mattheo and Layla return back to the Slytherin common room, to find it crowded, lights flashing and music blasting. Everyone's having the time of their lives.

Layla walks in with her hand in Mattheo's, and they spot their friends by the couches.

"Luna! Pansy!" Layla exclaims, and runs over to her two best friends, and gives them a right squeeze. "Oh I missed you!"

"We missed you more Layla!" Pansy says, her eyes watering up.

"We're so glad to have you back, Layla. We really did miss you." Luna says.

Mattheo greets the boys, dapping them up and Theodore, Enzo, Dylan, Liam, Blaise and Draco begin to celebrate.

"HE GOT THE GIRL!" Enzo shouts, and they all start jumping up and down, including Mattheo himself in the centre of it all.

"AAAAYYYYY!" The boys shout.

Layla watches them and laughs.

This is all I've ever wanted. To be free, without any tensions or worries. To just be able to live my life as a teenager... and to love him. Without any problems or dilemmas in the way.

Without anyone trying to split us apart, or fight against us. He was a prick to me at the beginning, but that so called 'hatred' for him just made my feelings even stronger.

I'd never thought I'd end up with a guy like him. So perfect, so mysterious. I just can't wait to see what the future holds for us, and I can't wait for us to be happy together.

I love you Mattheo Riddle.

"I love you too my princess."