59 | flying away

After the party, Layla is expected to go with Henry to his home, where he's located. But before she leaves with him, she quickly asks if she can head to her dorm to get a few things, and he allows it.

She rushes to the Slytherin common room and instead of going to her dorm, she heads to Mattheo's. When she finds that he's not there, Layla rolls her eyes.

Probably still making out with that random bitch.

Layla quickly looks through his drawers, until she finds his diary.

God I wish I had the time to read this.

She grabs a quill and dips it in ink before scribbling a note on the paper.

Riddle. H.S is taking me to where he's located. I've also found out about his intentions, but I'll let you know about that in person. I'll be back tomorrow morning. Get ready for our fight in the Great Hall.

She slots the note into his diary, leaving the diary on his desk so he notices it's out of place and sees the note as soon as possible. She then conjures up a tote bag with some stuff in it to make it look like she actually got some stuff from her dorm, before heading back down to meet Henry in the hallways.

He smiles when he sees her, and she holds onto his arm.

"How are we travelling there?" She asks him.

"We'll just walk out. I've got a car booked for us."

"You can just walk out like that?"

"Yeah. Considering who I am." He says, as they walk through the hallways, making their way to head out of the castle.

But Layla stops for a second, hearing whispers all of a sudden.

"Do you hear that?" She asks.

"Hear what?"

She looks around but there's no one there.

"Nevermind." She shrugs and they continue walking.

But that's when Layla spots Theodore, Enzo, Dylan, Liam, Blaise and Draco all stood together, watching Layla walking with Henry. Her eyes open wide in confusion, but they show her their invisibility devices, and she takes a deep breath.

He can't see them. But I can. I made sure I kept my device with me too.

The boys watch as Layla and Henry approach them, Henry walking past them without a clue in the world that they're there.

The boys look at Layla worried, wondering whether they should do something or help her. But Layla shakes her head, and mouthes, "Mattheo."

They understand straight away and nod.

Layla takes a deep breath and Henry looks at her.

"You okay?"

"Yeah, I'm fine." She shrugs and they finally leave the castle, finding an expensive looking car and driver waiting for them.

Henry helps Layla in and they sit at the back on the leather seats and the driver starts the car, as it sets off into the sky. Layla looks down below out of her window, to find the boys at the entrance of the castle, watching her fly away.

Oh god.

***

Mattheo's POV

After the make out session at the Gryffindor party with that girl who's name I can't even remember, I tell her to leave me alone and I walk out.

God that girl was actually pathetic. She made me less bored but still, she's not the girl I want. People honestly do think I'm a fuck boy, but I guess that's right in a sense but I'm not that bad.

I never kiss a girl unless I really HAVE to, or if I really WANT to. I've never really wanted to... only one girl. But it doesn't seem like she wants to kiss me too.

All the other girls I've messed with, was either because I was bored, or to distract me - from her.

She makes me go crazy, and she makes me... feel things. And that's fucking unusual for me because I never feel things. And it pisses me off. I guess that's why I lashed out at her. She's not taking the hints. At all. But... I know she's not gonna want me.

I'm a messed up guy. Who can't commit. But for her... God I'd do anything for her. No doubt. She's what I want... but I hate to admit it.

She works for me, but I can't have any distractions.

I head to my dorm room, but when I enter, I instantly notice my diary isn't where it should be. Who the fuck has been in my room!? I grab the diary and flick it open, when suddenly a piece of paper falls out.

I pick it up and realise it's a note.

Holy fucking shit.

Riddle. H.S is taking me to where he's located. I've also found out about his intentions, but I'll let you know about that in person. I'll be back tomorrow morning. Get ready for our fight in the Great Hall.

Once I've read the note, the boys come rushing into my room, looking panicked.

"Where the fuck have you been Mattheo!?" Draco asks.

"Layla- s-she's gone!" Enzo says. "She's gone with Henry!"

"She left a fucking note." I say, handing it to them as I pace back and forth, running my hands through my hair, stressing out like crazy.

"Holy shit!" Theodore exclaims. "She's gone to his house!?"

"This is bloody great!" Draco exclaims. "She'll find out where he's located."

"How did she earn his trust so easily!?" Liam asks in confusion.

"God knows." I sigh. "But I'm not liking this guys."

"Obviously you're not liking it." Dylan says. "The girl you love is sleeping at your enemies house."

"Thanks for reminding me Dylan." I rub my face.

"Wait, so you do love her?" Dylan asks.

"Now's not the time Jacobs!" I shout. "As much as I hate to say it, we're going to have to trust her. She said she'd be back in the morning, with information for us. So we'll have to wait."

"Are you sure? I mean, what if she's in danger?" Enzo asks.

"Layla is more than powerful enough to take care of herself." I sigh. "Of course I'm still worried but there's nothing we can do about it now. We don't know where they've gone."

"Let's just hope she doesn't die." Draco sniggers, and the boys whack Malfoy, hitting him on his head.

"Disrespectful ferret." Enzo spits.

Merlin, I hope she's okay. She has the ring, so she should be fine... right?