23 | confessions

"Who the fuck do you work for?" Layla asks through gritted teeth, holding both arms of Mattheo's chair, leaning forward so their faces are inches apart.

But that's when she notices all the boys turning there heads straight towards Mattheo. Layla watches them, and her eyes return to him.

"What, you're their boss?" Layla scoffs.

"Why so surprised?"

Wait. What's that on Dylan's arm?

Layla catches sight of some sort of marking, on Dylan's forearm, but his sleeves are covering the rest so she can barely make it what it is.

Oh fuck.

"You know that all your magic doesn't work in here right?" Layla asks them, her eyes not leaving Dylan's arm.

"No shit. Otherwise you'd be dead by now." Mattheo spits.

"Maybe not dead-" Enzo shrugs.

"And you know that any spell you used on yourself before you fell into this room... disappears?" Layla adds, and as she says so, she watches as all the boys eyes, quickly take a glance at their forearms. "You know... like if you wanted to cover something up perhaps?"

I have a hunch.

I'm on to something...

But it seems bloody impossible... but somehow it all adds up?

It's a stretch but... I guess I'll have to try and find out.

"What are you trying to say, Lopez?" Mattheo says through gritted teeth.

"Roll up your sleeves. All of you." She tells them.

"Can't really do that if we're tied to our chairs angel." Theodore smirks.

"Fine. I'll do it." Layla sighs. She approaches Mattheo first, and his glare meets her eyes almost instantly.

His facial expression becoming colder by the second, as she takes each step closer to him. She looks down at his arm, and then grips onto his wrist.

"Wait." Mattheo hesitantly says.

Layla raises a brow.

"No." She replies, and quickly rolls his sleeve straight up, gasping as the sight of the dark mark appears before her eyes.

I was right.

"Holy mother of-" Layla gasps, stumbling back slightly.

"Oh for fucks sake." Mattheo sighs.

Layla instantly rolls up the the sleeves of all the other boys, her reaction the same as she finds the exact same mark on the rest of the boys... but the thing is, Mattheo's is slightly different.

"Martinez?"

"Yes love?" He sighs.

"Why the fuck is your mark slightly different to theirs?" She asks, sounding a bit panicky, and the boys look at each other with smirks on their faces.

"I think it's time to tell her Mattheo." Dylan says.

"You really want to know, Lopez?"