75 | a million worries

Today is the day of the ball. The day I have to face Spector, and the rest of his minions. Just the thought of it has been stressing me out all day, and I can't stop eating. I tell myself it calms down my nerves, but it doesn't really. I just love food. But the nerves and stress and worry remain.

How will I do this? How will I keep this act on without throwing up? What if he figures me out and kills me? This could all be a trap. He wouldn't have just handed me the location on paper... would he? Something's not right. I can feel it.

"Layla that's your fifth chocolate bar! Slow down woman." Draco sniggers and Layla rolls her eyes, standing outside the potions lab, waiting for her next class along with the other classmates.

"Shut it Malfoy. Go back to sucking on that green apple of yours." Layla replies, continuing to munch on her chocolate bar.

"She's stressed out as fuck." Theodore whispers to Enzo.

"Understandably so. I'd be shitting it." Enzo adds.

The next lesson finally arrives and the class enters the potions lab, Layla nervously taking the seat which she sat at the previous lesson, the one beside Spector.

But he's not there.

He might be late.

The class begins and someone walks in late, Layla's head whipping around to see Mattheo walking into the room, instead of Spector.

Thank god.

Mattheo looks over at Layla, and notices her seat is empty. He quickly grabs his notebook and sits beside her as she looks at him in confusion.

"If Henry sees you're sitting here Mattheo-"

"He left the castle."

"What, why?"

"He probably left early to sort stuff out for the ball. I don't know." He shrugs.

"The Golden Trio are getting suspicious Riddle." Layla whispers, taking notice of Hermione and Harry staring right at her.

"Fuck them. They don't matter. We're killing Henry tonight anyway so they can't report back to him or anything." Mattheo says casually.

"Keep your voice down." Layla hisses, her leg bopping up and down, the nerves still there.

"Today you will be completing this test." The professor says, handing the papers out using magic, as everyone groans.

"For fucks sake." Layla sighs, slumping in her seat, getting even more stressed out than she was before.

***

Layla stares at the question in front of her, and as she reads it, her mind is so clouded with other thoughts she forgot to understand the text, so she reads over it again.

And again.

And again.

Her heart rate begins to go up, as she starts biting her nails anxiously, her leg bopping up and down as she holds her head in her hands.

Suddenly, she feels a hand resting on her thigh, she looks down to find Mattheo's veiny hand on top of her leg, rubbing slowly up and down. She lets out a breath and looks over at the boy sitting next to her, who has his eyes focused on the paper in front of him.

"Your head is clouded with a million thoughts Layla."

I'm stressing out Riddle.

"I can tell. Just take a deep breath."