43 | the morning after

After a while, Layla grows tired, her eyes getting heavy. She turns to face Mattheo in the bed and he looks at her, his eyes not moving off of her once.

"Did you enjoy that?" He smirks, his fingers soothingly running up and down her arm.

"What do you think?" She mumbles, playing with his hair.

"Go to sleep my love. We have another mission to complete tomorrow." He says, planting a kiss on her forehead.

"We do?" She asks.

"Yes... I don't think we should go to school tomorrow though. It will raise suspicions but this mission is crucial." He explains.

"What's the mission?"

"You'll find out tomorrow. Don't worry too much about it. But only you, Theodore and Dylan are coming. The rest of the boys will go to school, just to make it less suspicious." Mattheo tells her.

"Fine by me." She shrugs, and he tucks a piece of hair behind her ear.

"You hate me any less now?" He asks and a small smile forms on her face.

"I don't hate you Mattheo Riddle. I dislike you, to a high extent."

"Woah. You dislike me?" He raises a brow. "Get rid of the 'dis' and we'll be all good." He smirks and she scoffs.

"Be quiet or else I might start hating you again."

"You'd never." He gasps.

"You owe me a kiss." Layla whispers, closing her eyes, as her body begs for sleep.

"That time will come darling." He chuckles, his thumb stroking her bottom lip.

With that, they both fall asleep, not wanting to wake up. They felt so comforted in each other's presence, and wished that everyday could be like this.

That everyday, they could be together.

But they'd never admit that to each other. Not just yet.

***

Hermione's POV

"Ron, Harry! Get over here." I whisper-shout, trying to get the boys attention.

They finally come over and sit beside me on one of the tables in the library.

"Have you heard?"

"Heard what?" Harry asks.

"Okay. Do you know who Henry Peters is?" I ask and they nod.

"Of course we do Hermione. He's one of the richest wizards to invest money into The Order. He helped us out a ton." Ron says.

"Well I heard he got attacked last night."

"What? What do you mean?" Harry looks at me in confusion.

"It's only a rumour... but there was a group of young wizards. About our age I'm guessing. A witch too. They attacked him but no one knows why." I shrug and Harry's eyes open wide, as if he's just had the biggest epiphany ever.

"Are you thinking what I'm thinking?" I ask, and both Harry and Ron nod in unison.

"Who else fits the description though? That Mattheo Martinez and his lads. They joined our school out of no where, and all of a sudden this happens." Harry says.

"Listen, firstly, it's only a rumour. Secondly, lots of new students have been joining recently because they feel safer to come to Hogwarts now that Voldemort is dead." I point out.

"For all we know they could've been his death eaters. You know what Slytherins are like. We know Draco was one. Who's to say they're all not one of them?" Ron adds and I roll my eyes.

"Don't be so stereotypical Ron." I say, hitting the back of his head. "Not all Slytherins are like that and I'm sure Draco has changed. We can all tell!"

"You really seem to be growing a soft side for Malfoy." Ron scoffs. "We've all noticed it."

"Just stop that you two." Harry sighs. "Let's be honest, Ron could be right though. They could all be death eaters. Didn't you see how quickly they made friends with Draco?"

"It's all just a theory, but from now on, we all have to keep an eye out." I tell them.

"Agreed." Harry says.

"Oh I'm sure you'll be keeping a close eye on Draco." Ron mutters and I get up in a huff, not having the effort to deal with his crap right now.

***

Author's POV

The group at base wake up later than they should, but they all get startled to the sound of a loud bang.

"WHAT WAS THAT!?" Dylan exclaims, and they all turn to look at Enzo, who seems to have fallen out of his bed.

"Ouch." He groans.

"Oh god. It's only Berkshire." Theodore laughs, laying back down in bed.

"Um Riddle? It seems that you have migrated to Layla's bed?" Liam points out and Layla sits up, covering her face with a pillow in embarrassment whilst Mattheo just lays there, his arm still wrapped around Layla.

"And?" He replies.

"Even I heard some moaning." Enzo raises his hand, still laying on the floor.

"I think we all did." Theodore scoffs and Layla pulls the covers over her, not wanting anyone to look at her.

"Aw it's not embarrassing Layla." Dylan says. "It's cute!"

"Don't worry Jacobs. I smelt those strawberries and vanilla all night." Mattheo says, and as soon as he says that, Layla whacks him with a pillow.

"Hey!" She shouts, and the boys start laughing.

Mattheo gets up out of bed and Layla can't help but stare at his toned abs which are even more visible now in the light.

Oh god he has back muscles too.

"Layla take a picture! It'll last longer." Enzo shouts, finally getting up off of the floor.

"Shut it Enzo!" Layla laughs, conjuring up a pillow with her magic, sending it flying all the way over to him.

"Get up and get dressed lads. Me, Layla, Theodore and Dylan will be going on another mission today. The rest of you have to go to school, in case they start to get suspicious. Is that understood?"

"Yes my Lord." Enzo says with a salute, making Theodore and Layla hold in their laughter. "But why can't I go on the mission! Me and Theodore work as a team."

"Not today Berkshire. I need you at school."

"Fine." He rolls his eyes, and Mattheo notices so he throws another pillow at Enzo who falls to the ground once again.

"OUCH! I feel bullied." He exclaims.