81 | missing her

Mattheo's POV

"Professor McGonagall, please believe me. He has Layla, he took her!"

"And you're telling me, that you went over to this ball, and saw him apparate away?"

"Yes! That's exactly what happened." I sigh and we're both standing up now, her wand in her hand, cautious.

Rightly so, from her perspective, what I'm saying right now must sound like total bullshit.

"And you think... that his powers, Mutantur Materia, is what's making him this way? The darkness overtook him?"

"That's exactly what happened to Layla's parents too." I tell her. "They were part of his little gang. Along with the Stokes! Ryle Stokes family."

"That can't be true."

"It's true professor."

"But the Lopez's were good people. So we're the Stokes. This can't be correct-" She stops and takes a breath. "And now... he's planning to take over as the next Dark Lord?"

"Exactly that."

"This is madness." She says, her wobbly voice breaking up a little.

"I know professor it's hard to believe-"

"I'm only going to believe you if you tell me the honest truth. Don't lie. It won't get you anywhere good. What's your name, Mattheo?"

"My name?" I ask, even though I know exactly what she's trying to say.

"Your real name."

"It's Mattheo Martinez professor. Those were rumours, most likely spread by Spector." I say, and she pauses for a split second, and my heart drops, until she sighs.

"Fine. I believe you Mattheo Martinez. I'll take everything you told me into consideration and I'll be keeping a close eye on Henry from now on. No one can know about this information you've given me - not until I do my own research. Understand?"

"Yes professor."

Just about when I think I've gotten away with my 'crimes', she clears her throat.

"You still shall receive punishments for leaving the school to go to attend that ball, and for beating the living life out of Mr Peters- or Spector, or whatever." She says, and I let out a breath.

"Fair enough."

"Before you leave... Mattheo. I have one last question."

"Yes?"

"How are you? With Layla being gone?"

I look down to the ground, a million thoughts swarming through my mind.

A million thoughts of her.

She's all I've been thinking about for days. Ever since she was- ever since she was taken away from me. I blame myself everyday, every night, for what happened. It was my fault. I should've been there. I should've been there to protect her. And I don't know how I'm functioning right now - why I'm even here, when I know I can't survive without her being near me - without knowing she's safe. I miss her... god I miss her so much. I miss everything about her.

Her presence.

Her pretty face.

Those pretty eyes.

Those soft soft soft lips.

The way hair is all cute and messy bright and early in the morning.

The way we'd both instantly smile at each other, when one of us catches the other staring.

Her voice.

Her words.

Her thoughts.

Her thoughts about me.

The way she'd play with my hair so so so soothingly.

The way she'd trace every scar on my body as if it was some kind of art.

Her lips against mine.

Her hands interlocked with mine.

Merlin I miss her. And I don't know what to do now that she's gone.

"I'm doing fine Professor McGonagall."

She looks at me unsurely.

"Are you sure?"

"It's only been a week without her. I know she'll be back. I know she's okay. I believe she's okay."

"Just... Just don't go after her Mattheo. It's not safe, for either of you. We don't know where she is, how she is-"

"If she's alive?" I cut her off and she stops speaking.

"Of course she's alive-"

"I think I'm gonna go Headmistress. Thank you for listening to what I have to say."

I stand up from my seat and head for the door, rushing out and pacing my way through the hallways, to the Slytherin common room.

"Boys. We have a mission to complete." I say, and the boys sitting on the sofas stand up instantly, gathering around me.

"What- what's going on?" Enzo asks.

"It's time we save Layla, and bring her home."

***

Author's POV

Everyone's sat at the dinner hall, eating their food, but the whispers and rumours are still being passed around. The fear is spreading - its infectious. Everyone now shivers at the sight of Mattheo walking past, sending dirty looks straight at him.

He and the boys and enter the hall and take a seat at their usual table, and all eyes are on them. All eyes are on Riddle.

"I still can't believe McGonagall believed you." Enzo whispers.

"She wouldn't have believed me if Layla hadn't disappeared. She only took what I said into consideration because a student was missing. That's why I think it was necessary to make her aware." Mattheo says to the boys, taking a sip of his drink.

"You did good Mattheo. Now he'll be found out." Draco says to him.

"Hey Mattheo!" They hear a voice call out, and they all whip their heads right around to find Harry Potter, red in the face, storming his way over to their table with Hermione and Ron by his side.

"What is it Potter?" Draco spits.

"Is it true then? Is it true that you're the son of Voldemort!?"

Mattheo just chuckles at Harry, taking a bite of his food.

"How about you stop trying to act like a bloody hero for once and piss the fuck off Potter? Maybe show an example to the rest of the school not to believe everything you hear." Draco says to him.

The boys usually just sit back and let Draco do the talking when it comes to Harry. Out of all of them, Malfoy hates him the most.

"I wasn't talking to you Malfoy. I was talking to him!" He answers back. "I have a right to know! We have a right to know! Are you living under a false identity!?"

Mattheo instantly stands up out of his seat, his glare looking like it could kill a person as he looks at Harry with utter disgust.

"No. My name is Mattheo Martinez, and these rumours are nothing but pathetic. So you can go and sit the fuck down Harry before I beat you up just as I did to your friend Henry." He spits and Harry trembles slightly before muttering something under his breath and walking off with his buddies, back to the Gryffindor table.

"Absolute rat."