52 | sleep

Mattheo's POV

I know my reputation scares her. I'm not the perfect person. I'm human. We all make mistakes. But it's not my fault I'm Voldemort's son. In fact, I've actually proven that I'm nothing like him.

Well that's what I think anyway.

But I don't know what goes through Layla's mind when she looks at me. Does she fear me? Does she hate me? I'll never know. She's a confusing girl. Even when I try to enter her mind... it's all so messy and confusing.

"Layla... I scare you?" I ask her and she shakes her head.

"No no... it's just that. You never know." She shrugs. "I mean... we haven't known each other for long like... what if you're just using me for my powers?"

"Technically we are." I blurt out and she slaps my cheek.

"Hey!" She says, glaring at me.

"Sorry love." I laugh. "Nah but I'm joking. Um... you're helpful. In other ways too."

"Do tell." She says, folding her arms and looking at me, waiting for an answer.

"You keep the boys sane. They'd be going mental without you." I admit and a smile forms on her face.

"Really?" She asks surprised. "How so?"

"I don't know. I guess they just really like you."

"Admit it. I'm a great friend." She smiles and I shake my head.

"Um no. I'm not admitting anything." I sigh. "I'm getting ready for bed."

"Same." She yawns, getting up and following me to my bathroom but I stop and turn around to look at her, as I lean against the door frame, watching her as she pushes past me and enters my bathroom.

"Uh, excuse me?" I say and she stretches her arms.

"I thought you were getting ready for bed?" She asks, conjuring up her own toothbrush and without questioning her, I take my toothbrush and toothpaste and stand next to her, looking in the mirror before us.

Without her asking, I hand her my toothpaste, and I still wonder why she couldn't just conjure up her own.

We brush our teeth together, and rinse out mouths, before she decides she need to change into something more comfy.

"Do you have any comfy clothes I can wear?" She asks. "I like oversized stuff." She says, with a grin across her face.

"Anything of mine you wear will be oversized because you're tiny." I scoff, taking out one of my hoodies and handing it to her.

"No shorts, joggers, nothing?" She asks.

"Nope. That's the only thing you're getting."

I did that on purpose. I'll admit.

I guess I'll be sleeping in my undies then.

"I guess you will princess."

I do love getting into her mind, it's quite funny. She's mostly just thinking about me.

I don't blame her though. I am quite sexy.

"Hey!" She exclaims. "Get out of my mind you creep."

Once she's changed into her hoodie she joins me in bed and snuggles up closer to me.

"Spoon me." She says suddenly and I roll my eyes.

"Demanding much?" I say and she nods.

"Yes. Deal with it." She replies as she turns the other way around, her back facing me.