64 | mafia

"I'll be back." Mattheo says, taking a shot of his drink before standing up and leaving the group, and heading out of the common room.

"Where's he going?" Blaise asks.

"Don't know, don't care." Layla sighs, taking a shot of her drink.

"Let's play a game." Enzo suggests. "Oh my Merlin. How about mafia!?"

"Is this another one of your muggle games Berkshire?" Draco scoffs. "How pathetic."

"No. Draco. It is not pathetic. We'll play the simplified version because your mind is too incompetent to understand." Enzo says, cracking his knuckles, but as soon as he's about to explain the game, Mattheo enters the room...

With a girl following on from behind him.

"Uh... who the fuck is that and why is Mattheo bringing her here?" Layla whispers, as they approach the group.

"I don't know but she's hot." Draco says, and the boys laugh.

"Time for Draco to get a girlfriend." Theodore sniggers.

"Seems like that's Mattheo's girl I can't lie Malfoy." Layla says with her fists clenching.

"Nah, Mattheo doesn't do relationships. He only does hoes." Liam whispers into Layla's ear, as the girl and Mattheo take a seat on the sofa opposite them.

(Author's note: this is a diagram to show where they sat for the game)

"Hello." The girl smiles nervously.

"Hi." Layla smiles, confused as to who she is and why she's here. "I'm Layla and... who must you be?"

"Yeah, what's your name sweetheart?" Draco asks, and the boys and Layla snigger underneath their breath.

"I'm Kamala Khan. Nice to meet you all." She says sweetly.

"Kamala is new to Hogwarts, but she's also a friend from childhood. She knows everything, by the way." Mattheo tells them, glancing over at Layla, when he spots a hint of jealousy in her eyes.

"What do you mean by... everything?" Dylan asks.

"I know about the base. About your goals. Basically everything. Mattheo said I could join the team... if that's okay with you guys?" She asks and the boys look around at each other.

"Honestly, it would be great to have another girl on the team." Layla says kindly to her. "These boys drive me mental sometimes."

"She doesn't know about your powers Lopez. I was going to let you tell her that."

Layla doesn't respond, but she does hear what he says through her mind.

"So... you're in Slytherin, right?" Draco asks hopefully.

"Nope. Hufflepuff actually." She says and Draco chokes on his drink, looking away from her.

"Oh god." Draco mutters under his breath and the boys laugh at him.