1

She was hurrying to lock her front door, his car would arrive soon. Mide, her boyfriend already texted that he was around the corner and her best friend was on the phone to know how her evening would go.

"So Obi, you feel like he is going to propose to you or not?"

Obi Kwarthar sighed lovingly, rolling her eyes. "I don't know, but I have these feelings he might."

"You don't sound too pleased with that.... Don't touch it....no...common!"

"Lol, why not go attend to your boyfriend while I wait for mine."

"Shile is just too clingy nowadays. Back to you, it's possible he's just taking you out...don't hope too much."

She nodded, Mide's headlight showed in the driveway, almost blindfolding her. Her friend was right. They just started dating few months back, she needed to put some things in check.

"He is here, I got to go"

"Bia (come), remember to snap and send me pictures of your dinner o."

"Okay. Bye bye!"

Mide Gentry, her shiny armor. The man who picked her up from the pieces she once reduced to was standing in his glorious form before her. He was such an attractive man and when they were friends, she usually wonder why he did not have a woman in his life. Tonight, he was looking too good in his black suit, how come she deserved him? Obi wondered.

"Stop staring or we might not leave this place so soon." He gave her a lopsided grin. "You are beautiful...how many times have I told you that?"

She walked up to him while he opened the passenger's door for her. She hesitated, looked up into his dark eyes. "Can't recall the number but you still told me in the office today"

"Hmmm....I will always remind you of how beautiful you are. Get in or we will be late" he winked.

Obi laughed softly and settled in. Mide got in next to her and soon, he steered the car into the busy road. It was half past eight and she felt her weekend just started on the best note.

Actually they've had several dates, but this one seem special the way he kept reminding her about it at work. He even helped her pick the white bodycon dress she was wearing.

"So, where are we going tonight?" She asked.

He took a quick glance at her. "Already eager?"

"You've been reminding me of this date forever... I've known you for three years now and I know how you think."

"Really? Tell me, honey"

"Mide common.... Stop making me feel awkward for dating my best friend,"

He laughed. "Good that I'm still your best friend and boyfriend as well. Remember Lewis Fuja? Tonight is his bachelor's night, and I can't go there alone without you."

"You are taking me to a bachelorette? Mide!" She was shocked. A little disappointed they were not even going on a date.

"Thought I told you."

"You didn't. What am I going to do where they will be men and probably strippers?"

"Part of why I want you to go with me.... Baby, let no one lead your man into temptation."

"This is going to be the most awkward moment of my life!" She groaned into her palms.

"I love you too baby." He chuckled, clearly amused at her reaction.

Her phone started vibrating but she decided to ignore it. Out of all things, they were going to his friend bachelor's night and she was thinking he was going to....who was she kidding?