39

Her mouth stood a gap while the other person stared back in shock. He too looked like be just saw hell.

"Oh shit!" Lola shouted from behind.

Immediately Obi forgot her troubles outside as she stared shockingly at the person with an opened mouth too, looking back at her.

A man. Tall. Dark. Handsome. With hands gathered in his thighs to cover anything but nakedness..... And handsome. Actually, it was not just any man, it was her best friend freaking neighbor, Richie.

"E- Excuse me, please." He breathed turning around, with his butt facing them, obviously he was looking for his clothes.

"But I told you to leave before I come back?" Lola snapped, brushing past her to get inside.

"I don't know where my clothes are." He replied curtly, not looking back at them.

"You know what? Just leave!" She shouted at him and that made Obi winced. That was harsh.

He found them between a couch and the wall and without a glance hurried out.

Silence reined in for some seconds before Obi spoke.

"What.Was.That?"

Lola look disturbed as she pretended to tidy the already serene living room.

"Lol?" Obi gently had her seat with a knowing amusement dancing in her eyes. "Don't tell me it's what I am thinking."

"Sex! It's just sex with Richie, okay?" She replied as though she was frustrated.

Suddenly, Obi threw back her head laughing at how her friend was not settled because of the scenario.
Lola had never been caught doing something dirty and hideous as this and it was really putting her in an awful situation.

"Just....just sex?" She said between drift of laughter. "Just sex? I don't think so."

"So tell me what you think." Lola glared back at her, now seated opposite to her.

"That you were busy banging your neighbor....like doing it when I called."

"I...it's not like that. Don't blame me because he's hot. Gosh! This is embarrassing."

"You were too harsh on the guy. What? I'm very sure this is not the first time? Why are you worked up on it rather than explaining to me what's all about. I get it that Shile has been out of your life for a month now but I may need some/juice on what really happened. How it happened? The attraction? How romantic he is in bed? Where it all...."

"Just twice! This is the second time, damn." She muttered to no one in particular.

"So, all the time you just disappeared, thinking you came home..."

"I swear, it's just two times. Today makes it the second and I had to be harsh because I am not liking it again. We are so attracted to each other but the sex was too soon."

Obi squinted her eyes at her mischievously. "Lol, you are old enough to decide what you want to do with your body and life. The guy moved in two months ago, right? If you are attracted to him, why don't you make it official then?"

"That is what I told him after it happened again this afternoon."

"So? Make it official! Though I thought you had something for Nick."

"Huh? No, it's the opposite. I don't want any official thing. Whatever happened between my neighbor and I remain a fling. Me and relationship have not been on good for 6 years now. Shile was just a devil in disguise"

Obi sighed. "You know I'm not a fan of fling but please talk to him. And please don't tell me you did it on one of these couches."

"No, I didn't!" Lola sighed.

"How was it? Is he that go..."

"Shut up."

"So, no Nick anywhere in your heart? It's Richie?"

"What? Stop with all these stories."

Obi giggled. "Oh....the look on his face was so priceless. I'm so sorry I've missed a lot. I've been busy with my problems that I forgot about you."

Lola looked at her thoughtfully, smile around her lips and it was obvious she was biting it back.

"I know you are imagining how Ebuka looked at me with Shock...."

"Okay okay!" She let it out now and they laughed over it. "I am sparing you the break down, okay? We are not an item. So, tell me, what made you call me like that? And why did you go to your house?"

Obi blinked severely before launching into what happened at the mall. She was getting frustrated how her life suddenly turned to and her house was seized without her knowing about it. Harrison became unavailable, her work relation and the wedding.

"It's frustrating." She concluded.

"I know how you feel." Her friend said.

"If you know how I feel, then don't tell Harrison I am here, please just this favor. He can't rule my life forever."

"That is a promise. You guys should talk about it immediately he gets back. Beside, Joyce called me before you got here."

"I don't want to see her for now. I hate been in the dark, Lol."

"Just hang out with her to ask her questions, learn some answers that...."

"She's not the one I want to see." Obi shrugged.

"Oooooooh.....nobody but Harrison. You're totally love struck!"

"For your mind." She retorted, got up and went into Lola's tiny kitchen to get something to eat.

"Hope you didn't do it in here?"

"Obi!"

Her laughter rang through the house in reply.

"Geez!"