45

Obi was surprise Sarah was still around when she entered the kitchen. She explained that Harrison told her she could stay since Obi already gave her a room to sleep the other night. Well, that makes the house less colder.

"Should I make bean cakes for tomorrow morning?" Sarah asked when Obi was shutting the microwave door.

"you're already trying to get ready for tomorrow breakfast? " she asked bewildered. She and Lola were very busy with other stuffs until they go into the kitchen.

Sarah laughed. "I can't sit around doing nothing."

"Then join Nick in the living room." she suggested.

"I don't like football."

"high five!" her palm met the other woman and they burst into laughter.

She set the food in the tray and lucky enough, Nick was not in the living room so she told Sarah to change the channel to anything she likes.

Harrison already changed into a white shorts that showed his well toned legs and black armless vest. "You know you shouldn't be doing that." he said as she set the table. His eyes gesturing to Sarah who was already engrossed in the movie she was watching.

"It's fine by me. I don't want you to stop her employment and I'm not handicapped either." she replied as he sat down. "let me know when you are done so we could talk. I will be with Sarah."

"Sit with me till am done." he said sharply, picked his fork and knife but he seem to have a second thought about them.

And just like that, Harrison of the present was back! She rolled her eyes at him. The way his mood was changing made her frown at him.

"Please." he cleared his throat.

Oh was he nervous? Obi snickered in her mind. What's the harm just sitting beside him. "I've eaten and I can't..."

"Please sit with me as I eat, Obi. I won't bite." he rose up and went to the sink at the end of the dining to rinse his hand and came back to have his seat. He went the African style, cutting the morsels with clean hand.

Obi sat back. If anyone should ask her how the richest man in Nigeria would be eating, in her mind,  she would definitely reply that first he wouldn't want to live in Nigeria not to talk of eating the food or would like ordering Chinese or Italian foods which her expensive, and if he would be eating locally made food, the table definitely must be full to the brim, big meats in the bowls, different local soups and maids would be waiting up on him in their uniform. They wouldn't want to make a mistake with the seasoning or salt and here she was struck in awe how he was just eating like any man out there on the street.

She blinked away uncomfortably that she was watching him eat. This was not the first time they even shared a meal together, even from the same plate like brother and sister, like lovers but it felt so different right now knowing the type of aura that surrounded him. She doubted he ever felt for her now like he did then. Back then, he loved putting up his legs on the armrest of the chair to annoy her and she being the girlfriend in love would  swat it away and scold him. He loved cracking dry catfish head bones whenever she was trying to make some soup in the kitchen, she would yell at him, something would get burnt eventually because it was like her yelling turn him on mostly. What the hell are you thinking? He would never see her in that lovable way again, knowing she has been with his ex-best friend. Hugh! She didn't know. Why didn't Harrison arrive like two or three months earlier when she was about to agree to go out with Mide? Isn't it kind of....

He cleared his throat and she snapped out of her thoughts. "Stop staring at me like that. You want a bone to stick in my throat? "

"It is beef." she rolled her eyes at him sarcastically.  Embarrassed he caught her staring at him. "sitting here doing nothing is boring."